Forums Latest Members
  1. dacon Oct 10, 2015

Hi everyone,

I have seen this watch on mercadolibre (the local ebay for Argentina) and since it is on a really accesible price I'm thinking about buying (the price is about $200, you must divide the price on the website (pesos) by 16 to get the price in dolars)

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...-a-cuerda-hombre-omega-oro-18k-caja-suiza-_JM

currently I only have an old orient from the 70's that used to belong to my grandfather and no experience in watches, just 6 months reading blogs and some forums.

Could you help me recognice the real price of this watch? I'm worried about the condition and that I couldn't find another one with that dial in gold blaque.

Thanks
    Dario

note: unfortunatelly currently in my country I cant buy a watch on internet form another country

2. dacon Oct 10, 2015

also y think the color of the crown does not match the case

3. dacon Oct 10, 2015

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. omegastar Oct 10, 2015

Wait for a nicer example with an original dial (this one is repainted), a st. steel or gold on steel case and a nice unrusted movement even if you pay a higher price. Be patient.

5. devnull Oct 10, 2015

You learn a lot when you buy your first vintage watch, the biggest thing among them are the many reasons why you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

The dial is not only redone but rather horrible. Those tick marks are hideous and I'm willing to bet 10-to-1 that are not even Omega. The line on the seconds dial don't even align with the midget tick mark on the 6 o'clock position, a level of sloppiness you will never see on an omega. Very few watches can live with the stigma of being gold plated, and this is not one of them. The case is pretty beat, the crown a replacement, and I don't even like the background for the picture nor the camera they used.

Were I to find this watch for $50 USD on a flea market I would probably be dumb enough to pick it up and then live to regret it.

6. dacon Oct 10, 2015

Thanks all for yours answers, I will keep reading and waiting for a good deal