Forums Latest Members

SOLD: Uncommon Vintage UNIVERSAL GENEVE w/ 24hr dial

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 1, 2018

I am selling an attractive and uncommon UG, with a radium dial and blued steel hands. What separates this from most of the same, or similar references seen on the market, in terms of design, is an eye-catching blue 24hr register. So, as you will see from the photos below, the dial has a very unusual and pleasing combination of Arabic radium hour markers, contrasting 24 hour markers, and second markers (in five second increments).

The watch is fully original to my knowledge, and conservatively in very good condition throughout. It is relatively small, as the case measures 32x40mm excluding the crown. But it is a fairly substantial, screw-back case, and as such wears a bit larger than the measured size, in my view.

The unpolished case shows typical signs of wear for a vintage watch, but no significant scratches or gouges. The dial shows evenly distributed patina, which to my eye is sympathetic, rather than off-putting. Depending on the lighting, it can every subtle, or more obvious. The hands and original lume are in good, stable condition, though the second hand shows plenty of corrosion. The case features a particularly good dust cap protecting the movement, which snaps in securely. The movement is an attractive cal. 267 which is working properly, but undoubtedly should be serviced if the new owner would like to wear the watch regularly.

This is not an easy watch to price, given the attractive and uncommon dial design, coupled with its very good, original condition. For comparison purposes, here are a couple of similar examples:

(sold quickly at $900, and while attractive, lacked the 24hr register)

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=581406

(a deeply inferior one at a ludicrous dealer price)

https://www.chrono24.com/universalgenve/circa-1940s--id6665678.htm

I ask 800€ shipped. Bank transfer preferred (EU or US), and Paypal can be discussed. The watch is located in Lisbon, Portugal, and i will ship EMS (express) within Europe at my asking price. Outside of the EU I will use registered shipping, with EMS or FedEx possible at additional cost.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Cheers,

Tony C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ANALOGUE, jshaw083, yako54 and 13 others like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 3, 2018

A bump before exposing the watch to a wider audience!

SOLD

Edited Sep 30, 2018