Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rolex 116000 36mm Oyster Perpetual

1. Annapolis Jul 20, 2020

Rolex Oyster Perpetual 116000 in superb condition, as it's barely been worn. Random serial and other details (mentioned below) point to a watch produced in the past few years.

The case measures 36mm (not including crown). The watch was a corporate gift from Domino's Pizza Inc to a franchisee (easy enough to Google about if you're interested), and so the original Oyster bracelet (included) and caseback are branded. However, the watch is mounted to a fitted/curved-end rubber strap (outfitted with the OEM Rolex clasp), so there's no visible branding when it is worn, and my AD informs me that Rolex can very likely replace the caseback upon request with a plain one whenever the watch gets serviced (---it doesn't need a service anytime soon, so I haven't bothered). It can also be refinished (again, according to the AD) by a competent watchmaker as a way to remove the very shallow laser engraving. And if you want to use the bracelet but don't like the branding, it's of course possible to replace links for far less than the cost of a whole new bracelet. Point is, unlike earlier versions of the Domino's watch with the logo painted on the dial, this one flies under the radar and need not be branded forever. (If I end up keeping this watch, I will likely leave the bracelet in storage, since I prefer straps, and eventually have the caseback replaced by Rolex.)

What else to say?--it's a Rolex: in-house-produced white gold hands and dial indices, crisp lume, engraved rehaut (with the serial at 12), very smooth crown action, screws down to seal with the crown precisely pointed up. It feels a bit obnoxious to mention 904L steel, but there you go. Very hard-to-see multilayer etched Rolex logo within the sapphire crystal at 6 o'clock: that's certainly one of the most ingenious authenticating features on any watch. (It took me a few minutes to see it in the loop with a flashlight!) The watch keeps impeccable time--presumably within COSC standards: it gains only a few seconds a day.

3130 movement: the no-date-complication version of the 3135.

A few tiny scratches on the underside of the lugs, otherwise extremely clean to my eyes. It has a very pleasing luster and heft to it.

Watch only, no papers or box.

Feel free to ask questions or for additional photos! I have feedback here (one transaction) and tons more on eBay, username gladly shared over PM. (I err a bit toward privacy as I have a position with some public profile and try not to be so easily web-searchable.) 3-day return period only if the watch is substantively not as described.

(Now) asking 3500 USD (a $300 drop, shipped, CONUS only). The only trade I'd consider (and I suspect it's unlikely to materialize) would be a trade up to a stainless Submariner, in which case I'd expect to put in a fair amount of cash.

IMG_0922.JPG image1 (6).jpeg image5.jpeg image6 (1).jpeg image8.jpg image7.jpeg image4 (3).jpeg image3 (4).jpeg image0 (12).jpeg image1 (5).jpeg
    Edited Jul 23, 2020
    Dan S and journeyforce like this.
  2. Annapolis Jul 23, 2020

BUMP and reducing to $3500.

I will even order you an actual pizza if you buy this watch from me. It doesn't have to be Domino's.

watch3s, split-time, OHS and 3 others like this.
  3. ReturnOfUltraman Jul 23, 2020

If this doesn't help sell it, I don't know what will.

watch3s, George.A, Upstater and 3 others like this.
  4. janice&fred Jul 23, 2020

Yes the free ahbeetz does kinda soften the blow :D

Those 36mm no daters are a snazzy looking oyster and the Domino's provenance should not be so quickly dismissed. The case back engravings are a plus.

watch3s, JwRosenthal and Annapolis like this.
  5. JwRosenthal Jul 23, 2020

I have to agree, just for a modern OP it’s a good value. Now if only Dominos spent their money on making a better pizza than giving out Rolex’s......

watch3s and Annapolis like this.
  6. alam Jul 23, 2020

that pizza is very tempting :p

GLWS!

7. JPE.88305 Jul 23, 2020

8. janice&fred Jul 23, 2020

You too can enjoy such business growth. Start handing out free Rolexes to us and you'll be rolling in it in no time :D

Annapolis likes this.
  9. ReturnOfUltraman Jul 23, 2020

You could say he'll be rolling in... the dough...
    Alright, I'll see myself out and stop derailing this sales post.

Annapolis and janice&fred like this.
  10. Annapolis Jul 24, 2020

SOLD! My thanks to the buyer (your pizza will be there in 30 minutes or less or the Rolex is free!*), and to OF for the space.

*This offer is not valid on any day ending in the letter Y