Forums Latest Members

SOLD: Project: Omega Speedmaster Professional Straight Writing 145.022ST

1. maxbelg Jun 16, 2018

I'm helping a member (Superfunk) sell a watch here. To understand why please read this link and the links within the first post

Mods: When you consider whether it is allowed for me to help in selling this watch here, please consider the fact that I think it is highly commendable to sell this watch here, full-disclosure, instead of trying to sell it as something it is not by hiding its faults on this forum or elsewhere!

So we have an Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022 ST Straight Writing with all correct parts:

Caliber B1 861 Copper-Steel Brake correct, serial number. Please see discussion on movement below
    Caseband B1 asymmetrical -twisted lugs Excellent, maybe unpolished condition
    Dial
    C1 Medium S - Step Dial Missing Lume, otherwise correct and good
    Bezel
    B2 Dot Close to 70 - narrow C Excellent Condition DNN
    Hands
    C2 Baton - Flat Correct Tritium, Excellent Condition
    Caseback
    B1 Flight-Qualified by NASA Excellent Condition, some missing paint
    Crown
    A3 24 - Wide Omega Good
    Pushers
    4. Wide & Tall Good
    Glass
    A. Hesalite Good
    Bracelet
    None, but correct Vintage Omega Buckle: https://omegaforums.net/threads/about-omega-buckles.37347/

Pics are part of the description and I think you'll agree with my assessment. These parts are all correct and I think could possibly be valued like this:
    Caseband: 1000USD
    Dial: 800USD
    Bezel: 800USD
    Hands: 900USD
    Caseback: 1500USD
    This is a total of 5000USD without the movement! Of course it's very difficult to know exactly how much each part would bring if sold separately on E-Bay but let's agree that the parts are valuable!

Speedmaster101 has the value of this watch at 3200 (running) 5200 (good) and 11000 (collector):
    http://speedmaster101.com/price-chart-2/
    On Chrono24 prices for Straight Writing Speedy's start at 6500USD and go up to 11000

So all looks good and correct BUT I had my watchmaker Christian (watchguy in the UK) take a look at this watch and there are some major issues under the dial: There's some thick black glue, lots of scratches and some unexplained fiddling, stuck screws etc. I'm not a watchmaker but I understand this would need some serious spare parts and a willing watchmaker to sort out. Don't forget that the watch is running at present and the chrono works. Here's the link:
    https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/library?action=show_photos&wat_id=3116&tk_id=148764176

So pricing this watch is not easy. I think the parts could sell for more than the asking price which is GBP 3000 which is about 4000USD. Shipping would have to be discussed with Steve (Superfunk). The whole can of course be more than the sum of the parts and this could become a very nice Straight Writing Speedy! An entire 861 is for sale at present here which should have all parts you'd need:

The final decision on acceptable price and all financial transactions have to be between the seller, Steve (Superfunk) and the buyer. I can attest to the fact that he communicates promptly and correctly and was very fast indeed in shipping the watch to the watchguy. I'll help with questions if I can but best would be to pose these too to Steve.

Please read all links in this ad prior to contacting Superfunk or making an offer. Now let's let the pics do the talking. (Sellers pics used with permission)

fullsizeoutput_c9a.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 7.jpg 11.jpg fullsizeoutput_c98.jpg fullsizeoutput_c99.jpg fullsizeoutput_c9b.jpg fullsizeoutput_c9c.jpg fullsizeoutput_c9d.jpg fullsizeoutput_c9e.jpg fullsizeoutput_c9f.jpg

fullsizeoutput_ca0.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg
    Edited by a mod Jun 1, 2023
    Etp095, TDBK and Superfunk like this.
  2. maxbelg Jun 17, 2018

Bumpity. Please contact Superfunk directly with any offers.

3. maxbelg Jun 17, 2018

SOLD.

As Superfunk does not yet have enough privileges to post here he asked me to convey his thanks for everyones input and comments. He greatly appreciated that!

Superfunk likes this.
  4. shishy www.hpmor.com Jun 17, 2018

Congrats, glad this was handled properly.

Superfunk and maxbelg like this.