Forums Latest Members

SOLD: Omega Speedmaster Mk 4.5 (ref. 176.0016)

1. AESTime Jan 10, 2021

SOLD. Launched in 1974 the Omega Speedmaster Mark 4.5 (Ref. 176.0016) screams vintage space age style with modern features.

This reference came in two variations, one with integrated bracelet only and this model which could be worn with strap or bracelet.

For more information on these models visit https://chronomaddox.com/c1045_in_detail.html

FEATURES:

- solid 40mm brushed steel case with high polish beveled edges. Appears to be untouched.

- gorgeous sunburst blue dial with creamy lume markers. The dial appears dark navy in shadows and rich blue in natural light. The dial changes depending on the angle you are looking from which makes it super interesting to wear.

- powered by the workhorse Omega Cal. 1045 based off my favourite Lemania 5100 movement. Running smooth and keeping time brilliantly for a 40-45yro watch. Chrono functions and resets with no problems and quickset day and date also changes with simple crown operation.

Like many of these vintage models I do not change the day/date using quickset because they can easily come off centre and be sitting on a slight angle. It’s more a pain trying to get it centred again and can be easily fixed but I just don’t bother trying.

Service history unknown although checked by my watch maker when I got it a year ago and he said it was running fine and had no issues. Worn sparingly since.

- The handset is one of the most interesting I’ve owned and Quintessential of Lemania 5100’s and the 1970-80s aviation era.
    A combination of 12 and 24 hour dial with day date makes this an interesting statement watch while unexpectedly still having good legibility and balance.

- Watch is in impeccable vintage condition considering it’s a tool watch of the era and would have been worn with purpose. Watch comes with omega strap and clasp, bracelet with extra links, inner and outer box and warranty card. Rare to find.

PRICE:
    Asking price on this one is $3.25k USD shipped internationally express via DHL.
    Risk and insurance can be arranged at buyers request.

Selling as a watch ive been hunting for about 3 years keeps slipping through my fingers and I want to be ready to pull the trigger and not be holding so many watches I can’t wear, as much as I want to wear them.

Feel free to ask any questions.

[​IMG]

Image Gallery
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/mZ2FyRm

Edited Jan 10, 2021
    Tet, X350 XJR, apsm100 and 1 other person like this.
  2. AESTime Jan 10, 2021

SOLD.

thanks to those who showed interest.