Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145022 1982 for Omega Diver

1. Norfolk Oct 5, 2016

I find myself deciding to let this one go....it only came back this week from a full (£210) service at RyteTime and therefore is under his warranty. I have too many Speedies and dont have a robust daily wearer for the holidays now. So I am looking to trade this for a suitable waterproof model like a Rolex Explorer 2, GMT or Sub. ( I stupidly sold my poloar Ex2 on the forum and have regretted it ever since!). I dont want new or a safe queen and am not too fussed about boxes but paperwork would be appreciated unless it is a well-known watch on the forums or has had a recent recognised service.

I got this Speedie a while ago as I did not have a later version and wanted a daily wearer - mine are all pre 1971 - but I think going swimming with it is just silly! I was attracted to the blueish colour of the bezel in direct sunlight - doesnt really come across in the photos. It was also complete and untouched with just one owner apparently- it has the original bracelet and end links as defined by the official Extract from the Archive. Dial and hands all again untouched. have done nothing to the case which shows it age and patina. Bracelet is big enough for an 8 inch wrist. Caseback has the correct engravings. It is in a rather handsome and rare silver and grey Omega box. No other paperwork but the Extract is more than sufficient, showing it as March 1982, UK model.

I know that the values of these seem to be rising by the day but I am going to give this a trade value of £2800 with extract, service and box which is where it stands me. Its a good thing...

Watch is in Cambridge - I need to do the trade before I go away on holiday obviously so will be withdrawn then. Not interested in a cash sale as I only then have to source what I want which defeats the object of trading - dont want to buy from a shop or dealer and then pay their margin! So this will appeal to someone looking to add a good classic Speedie Pro to their collection and maybe let one of theirs go. Might consider an Omega GMT 50th anniversary with cash my way, or a really good Seamaster.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maganator and Tom Dick like this.
  2. Norfolk Oct 6, 2016

Few offers but really looking for a fairly modern waterproof model....not another vintage piece. Will keep this up for another couple of days to try....have a firm offer to buy but still prefer a trade....

3. Norfolk Oct 6, 2016

Just tobe clear...this is a UK only trade deal....too complicated otherwise and a F2F preferred if a swap is planned

dan7800 likes this.
  4. Norfolk Oct 8, 2016

one more bump

5. Norfolk Oct 10, 2016

now sold....

oddboy likes this.