Forums Latest Members

FS [SOLD] Omega Seamaster 300 552 cal 165.0024 WatchCo

1. nlogax Jan 19, 2020

A couple of years into my first ‘real’ job I learned about this watch and the history, fell instantly in love and bought a Precista 300 homage. Thanks to this forum I then learned it was just about possible to buy a real Omega newly built with NOS parts from a semi-obscure company the other side of the world…. About 5 years later in mid-2014 I finally had the cash saved up and contacted WatchCo at a seemingly defunct email address, and was surprised and delighted to pick up one of the very last 552 builds available before their Omega parts license expired.

This is a superb watch, I love it to bits, it’s a true design classic and I believe outclasses any modern 300. That said, it just hasn’t gotten any time on my undersized wrists during the last 2 years, and what with a spring clean and a possible grail on the horizon, it's time for this to go to a new home. This 300 is in very good condition, has always been cared for, stored and serviced carefully, and keeps good time. All parts (except the movement) were NOS when assembled in 2014.

Thanks, Jon

Details as follows:

Dial
    + Fitted NOS, undamaged, uniform matte black, all dial writing correct and the minute track is crisp white paint, undamaged
    + Luminova plots are bright white, glow green under UV, are complete and have uniform coverage with crisp edges

Movement
    + Vintage 552 cal (no date)
    + Winds and sets smoothly, runs well, accurate to about +/- 2mins over 24 hours
    + I don’t have tools to open the caseback so afraid I can’t check the serial. I believe Watchco’s vintage 552’s often came from donor Seamasters or Cosmics (http://users.tpg.com.au/mondodec/movement3.pdf)
    + I had the movement fully serviced & cleaned (and replaced mainspring barrel, crown & stem) in 2017 by our very own @stefan in London, UK

Hands
    + Fitted NOS, undamaged since
    + Luminova is bright white, glows green, is complete and has uniform coverage

Case
    + Fitted NOS, 41mm width, 20mm lugs
    + Lightly worn, unpolished, scratches from wear only visible under 10x loupe, minor scratches to lugs on rear
    + Crown screws in/out smoothly and stem extends cleanly
    + Fitted with the movement-correct 165.0024 NOS ($300) value at purchase from WatchCo

Bezel
    + Fitted NOS, undamaged
    + Luminova is bright white, glows green, is complete and has uniform coverage

Crystal
    + Fitted NOS, hesalite in great shape: clear with no fogging and tall with correct chamfers
    + Minor blemish at the centre will easily buff out with polywatch

Bracelet
    + 1171 with 633 endlinks, fitted NOS
    + Bracelet is in excellent condition, no stretching, minor wabi
    + Clasp is in good condition, minor desk whorls from use
    + Bracelet is currently sized for a 6.5" wrist (7" with clasp adjustment), all spare links included

Accessories
    + Additional 166.0324 caseback, NOS, unused, unfitted. Watchco used to buy complete case sets from Omega parts supply - those sets were fitted with the 166.0324. At my request at purchase, Watchco were able to fit a NOS 165.0024 to my case and supplied this now spare 166.0324 alongside (value $300)
    + A couple of high quality 20mm Swiss rubber straps with steel deployant clasps

Price, Location, Shipping
    + The watch is with me in NYC, USA, I suggest collecting in-person but am happy to ship only to CONUS via Fedex Overnight fully insured via Secursus
    + Payment via direct wire transfer or Bitcoin at a 3-day moving average FX rate
    + Asking 3350 USD all inclusive

References
    + I can supply references from several OF members as a buyer, seller, and also as a regular customer of watch services. Do please ask.

Photos
    + Taken on iPhone 11 Pro, I'm happy to supply more on request

IMG_5352.jpg

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5364.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

The now spare 166.0324
    IMG_5369.jpg

The movement-correct 165.0024 prior to fitting (this is what's current fitted on the case)
    1650024_back.jpg

Glamour shot at Lake Zug, Switzerland
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/wruw-today.567/page-2388#post-488327

<< Huge thanks to OF for the platform! >>

Edited Jan 19, 2020
  2. nlogax Feb 1, 2020

On hold pending funds

3. nlogax Feb 4, 2020

Sold - thanks to the buyer and this forum!