Forums Latest Members

SOLD : Omega MI2214 1943 issue Sweden 30T2 Black dial w Extract

1. Norfolk May 7, 2017

I have a great need to balance the books after a number of vintage military purchases, and I recently sealed a deal on a DON bezel from a fellow forum member to complete my 1967 Speedie hence this reluctant sale. I only picked this up recently and its an attractive version of the 30t2 manual wind movement, with distinctive black dial and gold hands. Excellent condition overall. Watch comes on a black generic leather strap almost unworn. The main attraction for me when buying was, apart from the look of it, the Official Extract from the Archive which confirms issue to Sweden during WW2. As this now costs 120 Swiss francs plus VAT it adds a lot to the value! Case has drilled 18mm lugs and I think the crown is original with flat base to the Omega symbol. I am sure the forum experts can let me know if that is not accurate, as well as if this was indeed a military issue as I intially thought with the black dial. I am not sure now given gold hands.
    The watch wears surprisingly well with a large appearance for its age - 74 years old this year! I believe it was recently serviced and it keeps good time. It would be a splendid addition to the wardrobe for anyone considering it for a vintage event such as Goodwood Revival (I was going to wear it there but have got something else rather special now with a period RAF connection!). And it makes a nice addition to any vintage Omega collection. I am sorry to have to sell it.
    Price is £425. That would include RMSD to UK address. Collection from Cambridge too. Overseas delivery possible but to be discussed. Bank transfer best for me, then PayPal friends. No trades please - I really do need to get some cash in!
    Only offered on this forum and to members at present. Here are the official details on the Omega website of this watch...
    https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/15685/
    One was sold at Christies in 2011 for approx $1100....http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/...wristwatch-with-original-5430882-details.aspx
    Pics to follow....

GregH likes this.
  2. Norfolk May 7, 2017

IMG_3249.JPG
    IMG_3301.JPG IMG_3303.JPG IMG_3304.JPG

Lonestar, X350 XJR, GregH and 3 others like this.
  3. Norfolk May 7, 2017

IMG_3305.JPG
    And the extract.

Lonestar, Omega1, hugo and 5 others like this.
  4. Norfolk May 8, 2017

To clarify...straight sale please. Need the cash!! Thanks for the offers so far but I really don't need another watch. 640 end links maybe!

5. Norfolk May 10, 2017

Now sold - thanks OmegaForum! Its gone to a fellow member.

R3D9 and tapaptpat like this.