Forums Latest Members

SOLD Men’s Omega Dynamic Mk1 Day Date Geneve Auto strap/bracelet

1. Norfolk Feb 1, 2019

Being sold as my wife does not wear it! How many times have we heard that one. So the story is....I found this watch sitting in a pawnbroker in Cambridge about 5 years ago - unworn, new old stock, still with the Zappon coating on the back. It had the original corfam strap and buckle which had pretty much disintegrated. I was able to source on this very forum an original WHITE leather Omega strap which I think looks amazing with the blue and silver dial. I put this on and then presented the full set ( with an Omega box) to my wife for her birthday. She wore it for one evening and then it was never seen again. (She wears a SM300 quartz on bracelet all the time). So one last throw of the dice...I sourced an original correct bracelet, again from the forum and tried again. She wore it for one evening and...back in the box. Prefers the quartz she can just pick and wear - a day-date auto is just too much trouble. I have recently bought myself a lovely Megasonic Constellation so this one is going up for sale to finance that.
    Some notes on the watch: it keeps excellent time, within 7 secs a day timed from yesterday. I have never had it serviced. The day and date wheel both change over as expected. Case is totally mint, perfect crisp edges with starbust pattern and zappon still on back. Dial is flawless. Omega glass unmarked. Hands good.
    Strap - original white patent leather with original Omega buckle. Note there is a cut to the very end of the strap and a very small section missing.
    Buckle - 1153/158. Some normal wear. All links present. Big enough for my 7.5 inch wrist with 2 spare links not fitted. Could be brushed and polished back to new I guess.
    Difficult to price these - so much variety in the market. This is a collectors one but at the price would make a nice gift for someone deserving. I am going to ask US$800/GBP615 for the set which is what it has cost me. I am going to keep the box but it would be available by separate negotiation. If I am way out on price let me know. Photos to follow soon....
    Watch is currently in New York but will be back in UK for European buyers in April. Price includes postage in US 48 states. Face to face possible in NY.
    Happy to answer any questions.This is a straight sale UNLESS you have a Speedmaster Professional.

NOW SOLD

Edited Feb 9, 2019
    Aschec likes this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 1, 2019

needs pictures

3. Norfolk Feb 1, 2019

4. Norfolk Feb 2, 2019

Just to be clear. This is the full size mens watch.

5. Norfolk Feb 5, 2019

a bump for this...also would consider trade for quartz womans. mid size watch....

6. Norfolk Feb 8, 2019

Pre Valentines bump....open to near offers...

Aschec likes this.