Forums Latest Members

*SOLD*Longines Grand Prize NEW PRICE $200 USD

1. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jun 9, 2015

Reduced to $200 USD, fees included.
    Offered for sale is one of two Longines Grand Prize watches in stainless steel, the other in a separate listing.
    Reference 1093B (per description from prior owner), caliber 342 automatic movement. Original finish dial with fine concentric circles/grooves, with multi-faceted markers and original hands. Excellent condition. The reflection off the textured dial is fantastic, like beacons of light stretching from the center and dancing in circles as you change the angle of the watch (you get a sense of it from the photo, I hope)!
    Case is in excellent condition as well, but appears to me to have been polished. The lugs don't seem as sharp to me (compared to the other Longines I have listed for sale), but this may be how this model looks (feel free to solicit opinions from our esteemed members).
    Movement photo credit to the gent who sold it to me. I have not opened the case, which was described as a two-piece case (movement lifts from the front after removing bezel and crystal). Those familiar with the Grand Prize movement will appreciate the presence of all paint on the rotor. It appears to have been well cared for these 50-odd years. The previous owner stated the movement had been serviced, but I have no record of this. I am quite satisfied with it's ability to keep accurate time.
    The case measures 33.1mm without the winding crown. Strap is not included.
    See my "exquisite" phone-camera photos in harsh side light for further description (apologies for the less-than-studio quality images but hopefully you can make a fair assessment). Bearing in mind the "quality" you'll get, let me know if you need additional photos. I have tried to show the dial with light from both sides, and hands in a different location for a better idea of how beautiful the dial is.
    $200 USD includes shipping and insurance to an address in the United States. I will accept a wire transfer or PayPal, and there will be no PayPal fee from me. I will not ship overseas. (I am sincerely sorry for this, but my experience doing so has been so horrid I cannot bring myself to attempt it again. Perhaps an interested international buyer has an associate in the U.S. willing to facilitate?) Also, I have no interest in trades.
    I can be reached here by private message, or email at: metersfirst @ gmail. com (no spaces). Let me know if you have any questions or need references (same user ID on TRF/TZ/WUS and as timeexposure on the 'bay). Best regards, Bryan Brooks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Jun 15, 2015
    Tritium likes this.
  2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jun 10, 2015

Bump

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jun 15, 2015

Bump and price reduction. See listing.

4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jun 15, 2015

SOLD!
    Thanks to Omega Forum for the sales venue, and thank you buyer!