Forums Latest Members

FS SOLD Jaeger LeCoultre Tribute to Deep Sea Alarm Memovox SOLD

1. ReturnOfUltraman Jul 5, 2016

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately it's time to say goodbye to the JLC Deep Sea Alarm. As many of you know, I absolutely love this watch. This JLC needs no introduction and has been a real joy to wear. Selling to keep funding my sickness of acquiring another watch that I don't need. Included will be an additional Hodinkee taupe leather and two NATO straps, one dark grey nylon and one distressed leather. Original black tropic leather strap will be included, of course, and still in fantastic condition with plenty of life left.

Details:
    -Purchased this February from an AD, so well under the JLC two-year warranty time frame.
    -Never serviced, but running well and keeping fantastic time. Not sure about power reserve as I wear it once every two weeks and it goes back in the safety deposit box after spending the day with it on.
    -Very faint scratches on the top left lug from desk diving. Tried to capture in photos, but no luck because it's so difficult to see.
    -The caseback with the frogman image has scuffs, I'm assuming from a tough perlon NATO I used a couple times? But other than that, the caseback and lugs are perfect. No other major scratches, dings, dents.
    -Acrylic crystal has no noticeable scratches, besides a faint mark along 1:00 o'clock. Tried my best to photograph it as well, but very difficult to see in pictures. Polywatch is acrylic's best friend, but I'm leaving it as-is to let the buyer decide.
    -Box, papers, certificate of authenticity with limited edition number all included in the sale.
    -Next day insured and signature confirmation in the U.S. only. Or, if you're near the Atlanta area, face-to-face transactions are more than welcome. I'm always up for coffee.
    -$9,000 or best reasonable offer (PayPal fee, overnight shipping, insurance all covered).

I try my best to give the best and honest description so hopefully there won't be too much confusion. As a collector and private seller, there will not be any refunds unless the watch I'm listing is grossly misinterpreted. Tons of references on watchuseek and eBay. Thanks a lot in advance and especially to OF for the space, and let me know if you have any further questions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ELV web, nsumner, aap and 2 others like this.
  2. abrod520 Jul 5, 2016

what! :eek:

ReturnOfUltraman likes this.
  3. ReturnOfUltraman Jul 5, 2016

I know.. It's a sad day :(

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 5, 2016

Begs the question, what's coming?

GLWYS!

ReturnOfUltraman and Schmedsc like this.
  5. Fer Seamaster Jul 6, 2016

Ohhh @Livesimply11... I hope you are selling to buy something even better. I am sad you are leaving the DSA Club!

On the other hand I must say in order to help you sell this: I own one and it is one of the best modern reeditions ever, and coming from one of the most respectful firms in watchmaking world, IMHO. It fits any collection, both modern or vintage focused. It has a balance between sporty and dressy appearance that makes you use it both with a suit and jeans.

Fully faithful to the original, it includes a very modern caliber including some improvements such as ceramic bearings. The two crowns are not equal, as they were in the original version from the 60's. Top crown has a conic recess in order to help handling and alarm setting and charging. Dial is simply gorgeous. Pics cannot reflect its depth and "granularity". Another point to highlight is the very comfortable original strap, "carbon" calf type from Camille Fournet. It has a shape and holes that remember the original tropic strap, but in a more luxurious fashion. That strap is great.

In this case, this set is also fairly priced by a good standing forum member.

GLWS

6. Mr Bing Jul 6, 2016

Wish I had a spare $9000. One of my favourites this one....simply stunning!

7. ReturnOfUltraman Jul 6, 2016

That will be kept under wraps for now!

oddboy likes this.
  8. ReturnOfUltraman Jul 6, 2016

Thanks for the kind words brother! It was/is an awesome watch to wear. Still love it and hands down my favorite modern piece.

Fer Seamaster likes this.
  9. ReturnOfUltraman Jul 7, 2016

Bump up the jam.

10. ReturnOfUltraman Jul 10, 2016

OHPF. Thanks for all the interest so far guys.

dougiedude likes this.
  11. ReturnOfUltraman Jul 12, 2016

Aaaaaaaand SOLD. Thanks for the space fellas.

Fer Seamaster, abrod520 and oddboy like this.