Forums Latest Members

SOLD!!!! Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox cal 814 (1950ies)

1. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Dec 31, 2015

Hi there,

up for consideration is an extremely nice, excellent condition Jaeger Le Coultre Memovox from the 1950ies. Its the manual wind cal 814 which was serviced by the prev. owner in 2015 (service mark on caseback).

Everything works just as it should, the watch winds like butter (comparable to a 2015 premium brand watch - I kid you not). As you can appreciate - the case is extremely sharp and crisp.

Added bonus of this watch: its not like so many other Memo's with the snapback, but rather with the highly desireable screw-back, which makes it more solid.

Price is a rather firm $1.450 pp'd to me. I will pick up the 6% pp-charge and ship worldwide EMS.

for visitors: any Qs here via PM or to [email protected] (take out hypens)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited by a mod Jul 10, 2021
    ELV web, JohnSteed, adam78 and 6 others like this.
  2. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 1, 2016

OHPF!!!!

some updated info (as asked by PMs)

for all you asked: the watch measures 35mm (across, 3-9h axis) without crowns. As far as I can tell, the watch is 100% original/genuine - the hands (matchsticks), the dial (NOT a redial) and the crowns, which are (correctly so) unsigned. JLC commenced to sign their crowns in the early to mid 60ies, this watch is 10 years older than that.

I cannot stress enough how "brand new" the watch feels winding and setting. Everything has an extremely positive click to it (e.g. pulling the crown) and it winds like a multi-million dollar bank-vault.

From the watches overall perspective, it is quite obvious that the watch was a sunday watch or safe-queen for the better part of its 60+ years. No matter from which angle/aspect you judge the watch, EVERYTHING looks consistently mint/near mint.

updated with new pics (taken today)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as requested: updated with new pics

Edited Jan 13, 2016
  3. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 7, 2016

back to top!

4. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 13, 2016

OHPF ... !!!!