Forums Latest Members

SOLD Black Dial "Constellation" - Franken/Project watch

1. khanmu Jan 28, 2018

Hello

This is my first sales post, so apologies if I've missed anything I'm supposed to add, if and please do let me know if so. As a first post, it is somewhat ironic that I'm selling a usually reviled Franken-watch, but advice from other OF members (see Franken Connie thread) was that this might be of interest to someone as a potential project.

The watch:
    A few years ago on holiday I bought a pair of Connies, including this black dial-crosshair. Since joining the Forum, I have found out, confirmed by OF members yesterday, that this is indeed a put together watch, albeit with original genuine Omega parts. It was suggested that I could replace the incorrect parts, and whilst interesting, unfortunately with a demanding job, wife, two boys under ten and a Labrador, it will be a long time, if ever, before I'd get around to it. I am also in process of slimming down and refining my collection, and hence it is up for sale.

The good:
    - It is actually a very attractive watch with a very nicely aged black dial with crosshair - see photo below.
    - the consensus of more experienced OF members is that the dial is original and not repainted or refinished.
    - It comes with a metal bracelet with end links and spare links
    - The main parts - 552 movement, case, crown, dial are all genuine Omega. The 552 movement is, I believe, usually found in Seamasters (most famously the vintage SM300) and Geneves.

The bad:
    - The hands and 552 movement will need replacing
    - The case has been polished
    - There are scratches on the back from previous inexpert attempts to open it (not me)
    - My watchmaker tells me there is a slight kink in the thread of the back cover - it goes on but not as early as it should
    - the Observatory logo whilst not two worn, does have some scratches

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

The Price & T&Cs:
    - The watch head, bracelet and spare links only are include din the sale
    - I bought this for around £750, but obviously as a set of parts it is worth less. I would like if possible, a net amount of £400, either bank/wire transfer or PP FF, and you also agree a small donation to a charity, which one and amount at your discretion. I am also willing to consider offers
    - I am also looking at adding a nice Tudor Jumbo/Rolex Datejust or waffle dial Connie, so happy to consider a trade with me adding cash
    - The price excludes shipping - my preference is to use UPS tracked and insured Express, I can let you know the price, and we can discuss further
    - Due to the nature of the sale, I will accept returns if you decide you don't like it when you see it, however return costs are at buyers expense.

Edited Jan 28, 2018
    propervinyl, JesperO, Pahawi and 5 others like this.
  2. bags1971 Jan 28, 2018

pm sent :)

dan7800 likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 28, 2018

As expected that didn't last long :thumbsup:.

propervinyl likes this.
  4. dragoman Jan 29, 2018

Glad that you sold it here! :thumbsup:

5. ClarendonVintage Jan 29, 2018

Congrats with the sale!

Also, let me know if you have any others for offer :)

6. khanmu Jan 30, 2018

Thanks OF and everyone who offered advice, glad it stayed within OF, and if only eBay were this easy!

dragoman, propervinyl and bags1971 like this.