Forums Latest Members

SOLD - 1971 Seiko 6105 8110 (Captain Willard) serviced and with warranty.

1. JACK G Aug 29, 2020

Now sold - many thanks to the buyer and to the forum for the sales facility.

The Seiko ref. 6105-8110 became an iconic watch after appearing on Martin Sheen's character Captain Willard's wrist in the seminal 1979 Francis Ford Coppola film,Apocalypse Now. The inclusion of the watch in the film was no mistake – the Seiko 6105 dive watch was popular among U.S. servicemen during the Vietnam War in the early 1970s. It was favoured for its rugged nature and resistance to the harsh jungle environment.

This 6105 8110 has also been flown in Space - https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/talking-watches-david-williams

I believe my 1971 example is unpolished as the factory finish looks intact. It has picked up some minor marks over the years but is in excellent all-round condition - especially for a near 50 year-old watch.

Comes with two rubber straps - the 'Chocolate bar' as pics and a black rubber 'Tyre tread' strap. I believe are both aftermarket but the buckle on the 'Tyre tread' is marked SEIKO ST. STEEL - F. Both straps are in great undamaged condition. A pair of correct Seiko 'Fat Boy' spring bars also fitted.

The crystal has been replaced so is unblemished and it was serviced by The Watch Guy in January 2020. The warranty, which is transferable to the new owner, runs to 13 January 2021.

44mm diameter from nine o’clock to three o’clock.
    12.5mm thick.
    19mm lug width.

I live East London/Essex borders.

£1785 including Special Next Day delivery within the UK - please contact me if you live abroad.
    Payment by Bank Transfer or PayPal as a gift.

Any questions? Just ask.

Jack

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Sep 2, 2020
  2. JACK G Aug 30, 2020

Just realised I got the asking price mixed up!

Now edited to £1785 instead of £1875.

whitewolf777 likes this.