Forums Latest Members
  1. Tubber Mar 4, 2019

An all original 1965 Glycine Airman up for sale.
    Case is 36mm without the crown and in good condition with no dings or major scratches evident. Lugs are quite defined. Serial number is still visible which dates it to 1965. I do have a record of which quarter if the buyer would like to know.
    Movement is the A Schild 1700/01 and in very good condition. Documented service in June 2016 which will come with the watch. The wire hack is present and working correctly.
    Dial is all original and unrestored with all lume present. There is a blemish on the dial between 19, 20 and the centre pinion. I have no idea what it is but it looks like a flaw from original manufacture and can only be seen at certain angles? There is also a bit of white discolouration at the 12 mark. Hands are original lume and in good shape.
    Bezel is original and in good condition, the clamp works but has a few marks on the crown.
    The cross hatch crown is present and correct which was a defining feature on these. 1965 was the first year these were introduced along with the EPSA case.
    The watch and I are
    currently in Thailand but I can ship from Europe, probably the Netherlands in a couple of week. I'll throw in 2 straps, a vintage looking one and a Zulu plus EMS shipping.
    Not sure what to price this at as they don't seem to come up very often. I'll try £980 or US$1,300.
    Returns not accepted unless grossly misrepresented.

OF1.jpg
    Original cross hatch crown. Lugs are still quite defined. Bezel crown has a few marks on the teeth.
    OF2.jpg

Original mineral glass with rectangular window but does have a few scratches.
    OF3.jpg

OF4.jpg OF5.jpg Bezel is in very good shape, scratches are on the crystal not the dial.
    OF6.jpg

Serial number is still visible dating to 1965.
    OF7.jpg OF8.jpg

Two unworn straps that come with the watch.
    OF9.jpg

The dial de-cased that shows the mark between 19, 20 and the centre pinion, plus the white marks around 12.

OF61.JPG

The A. Schild 1700/01 is in very good condition and serviced in June 2016.
    OF62.JPG

2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 4, 2019

As worn by astronaut Charles "Pete" Conrad on Gemini 11 in September 1966

Edit: ...and on Gemini 5 in August 1965

Edited Mar 12, 2019
  3. Tubber Mar 4, 2019

There was a really good website about the Glycine Airman in space but it got ravished by viruses which was a shame. It was worn quite a bit.
    Quick edit. I was wrong, it is still available.
    https://24hourwatch.org/airman_in_space/

redpcar likes this.
  4. redpcar Mar 4, 2019

Just noticed this :(. It's a shame. I used that site a bunch.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 4, 2019

My dad also wore that watch until 1968 when Glycine made him an offer to trade it in on the new SST "Pumpkin".

redpcar, sdre and watchknut like this.
  6. Tubber Mar 4, 2019

I remember your thread " A watch for my father" about the Pumpkin. Might have been on WUS?

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 4, 2019

It was. GLWS

Tubber likes this.