Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1940's LeCoultre Pilot Cal. 450 in Stainless Steel

1. Laharrier Apr 4, 2018

Hey Gang,

Putting this one up as I have another big project on my hands and want to free up collateral. I bought this one a couple months back and havent gotten to it yet, so someone else should definitely give it the TLC and loving home it deserves.

It requires service and I have yet to send it to my watchmaker so I am not sure what all it will need but the watch *does* work. It winds smoothly and sets and runs and keeps time for a short time but does occasionally stop and or slow. Accordingly Im offering it for about half of what its worth once its serviced with a clean bill of health.

It has a beautiful semi-sector dial with an awesome chapter ring and the case is all polished stainless steel. Case may have been polished over the years, but nothing thats totally broken the edges. Actually looks quite in line with other watches of this type that Ive seen so it may have never been polished at all, but as always I hesitate to guarantee that. Dial is clearly untouched and super beautiful with an even patina, hands are untouched and minute hand has lost some of its radium. Hands are blued and bluing is intact and looks great. Dial has a grainy patina that looks outstanding. I am not positive if the crown is original, but it does look like it. I believe this to be a somewhat rare example in this case, as I havent seen one exactly like it in my looking around.

Case size is 33mm without the crown and lug with is 16mm.

Watch case is ALL stainless and the strap is a period accurate Hirsch that was on the watch when found. Please see item condition details and view photos very closely. Since watch is as-found, I cant issue any performance guarantees on it and it should be serviced by its new owner. Sale will be final unless watch arrives drastically different than described.

Price is $595 net to me (you pay PayPal fees) and I will cover shipping in the continental USA. If you are outside of the USA you will pay actual shipping costs.

Thanks gang!

John

fullsizeoutput_67f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_680.jpeg fullsizeoutput_681.jpeg DSC_0007 5.JPG DSC_0008 5.JPG DSC_0009 6.JPG DSC_0010 6.JPG fullsizeoutput_682.jpeg fullsizeoutput_683.jpeg DSC_0013 4.JPG DSC_0015 4.JPG DSC_0017 4.JPG DSC_0021 3.JPG DSC_0023 3.JPG DSC_0024 3.JPG
  2. Laharrier Apr 4, 2018

Watch has been sold.