Forums Latest Members
  1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 1, 2015

Price is £4150 which works out currently to $6275. I can accept either currency

Omega Speedmaster 145.012-67 - Recently Serviced

By Swiss Time Services in UK. Service number 319195, dated 22/8/2013 - Paperwork is included.

History
    Acquired by me from the daughter of the original owner. It was not working and the case sides were worn smooth - but not damaged. In general it appeared a well used example that would respond to sympathetic work, the kind I think I excel at, even if I say so myself.

I am sorry to say I have not worn the watch since service, and that is partly why I am selling it.

Condition
    Case has been very lightly refinished, but still shows some very small marks. This was because the brush finish on the sides had worn to mirror polish from use, so I had them lightly refinished to the beautiful brushed sides as you can see. (As per original Omega specification and finish).

The dial is clean, and the plots still have a little tritium material . The dial body is an excellent colour, not quite brown but not black - it has a very attractive patina. This is an exceptional dial for this reference, clean and good colour.

The hands appear original, and correct for the reference. They match the patina.

The bezel is a correct DO90, with some signs of wear.

The movement is serviced, clean, original and correct.

The bracelet is 1067 with 516 end links all in very good condition.

This watch has a lovely patina of use, and at the same time is fully working checked and serviced. It is a watch to use and enjoy.

It comes with an original Omega box in fair condition (hinge is loose) and STS paperwork.

PC010095.jpg

I am selling for two reasons. I have another example of this reference, and I am having a little clear out to make room, physically and financially, for something else.

Anyway, look at the photos, you decide. I think its fantastic, it is a watch I would be happy to sell a friend. It hides nothing.

Watch is currently in United Kingdom - It can be posted within USA after 15th December..

Please add 4% for PP. I prefer Bank Wire in Sterling if you can trust me!

About Me
    I am a private seller, and I collect watches for my pleasure. I have sold a couple of high value watches on this forum, and bought some too. I do not make any sort of living from watch sales. I sell to reduce the size of my collection and to refocus. If you are not happy FOR ANY REASON please return the watch for a full refund less carriage. If something is wrong it is a genuine mistake - I have no need to try and sell you a watch for more than its worth, and I want any buyer to be completely happy with what they have from me.
    PC010019.jpg
    PC010024.jpg
    PC010049.jpg PC010057.jpg PC010066.jpg PC010094.jpg PC010096.jpg PC010008-002.jpg

Price is £4150 which works out currently to $6275. I can accept either currency

Edited Dec 4, 2015
    Etp095, arkstfan, Chye and 13 others like this.
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 3, 2015

Thoughts on price:
    This is an original, and sorted calibre 321, serviced by the only workshop I know with access to a full compliment of cal 321 parts. That means this watch is ready to go on for decades. There are no hidden surprises.
    The bracelet is in exceptional condition. The links are tight.
    The service and bracelet are worth over £1000.
    Everything on this watch is original, and as purchased by the original owner, from whose daughter I bought this.
    It is a wonderful watch - and if I did not have the other one I would keep it.
    PC030005-003.jpg

Edited Dec 3, 2015
    Etp095, gminnj, Jones in LA and 2 others like this.
  3. Davidt Dec 3, 2015

I'm suprised this is still available.

With all the crap examples people ask opinions on, some of which look like they've just been raised from the depths, with service parts and movements with unknown history. This is then closely followed by "where can I get my knackered 321 movement repaired and serviced".

Someone should jump on this. All the fun of a complete, original 321 Speedmaster, with none of the hassle usually needed to make it wearable.

Pahawi, bigdubnick and Spacefruit like this.
  4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Dec 3, 2015

Especially at THAT price! (he says, pretending to see it somewhere in the listing after scouring it three times).
    Is this one of those "if you have to ask" sales listings, or am I just that daft that I don't see the price in front of my nose?

EDIT: Okay, I see it when I try to quote it. Evidently, when viewed on my not-so-smart-phone using the Crapatalk application, anything in bold does not show. Ironic!

Now having seen the price, I agree wholeheartedly this piece should have been sold by now, especially considering the integrity of the seller.
    If anyone is on the fence about this, GET THE HELL OFF THE FENCE!

Edited Dec 3, 2015
    Spacefruit, bigdubnick and LawBrk like this.
  5. flyingout Dec 3, 2015

Confirmed. Very strange. But it's just the price that's missing for me. The title and section headings are visible.

Steve1haggart likes this.
  6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 3, 2015

Honest, fairly priced and desirable watch from a trustworthy seller who offers a no questions asked return policy. What more is needed?

Pahawi, Spacefruit and arkstfan like this.
  7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 4, 2015

I have modified the listing, removing the block format on the price, which naively I thought would make it easier to see!

Price is £4150 or $6275, including watch head, bracelet, box and service papers.

Delivery in UK or USA free.

8. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 4, 2015

OHPF

9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 9, 2015

Unfortunately, through no fault of his own, the buyer is unable to complete.

So we are back on sale

Watch is now with me in USA and price includes secure shipping within USA.

10. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 9, 2015

I was asked about chrono creep in the photo above.

The watch does not have chrono creep, I think it is a combination of angles and that the watch had not been run since service.

Since putting it up for sale I have run it on test and it is all fine.

As STS serviced it, I will guarantee the movement against defects for six months from date of purchase
    - obviously returning it to me at buyers expense.

Here are some shots showing the correctly setting hour hand:
    1-PC090074-001.jpg 1-PC090078-001.jpg 1-PC090080-001.jpg

11. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 10, 2015

Sold!
    Thanks OF

d4uk and gemini4 like this.
  12. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Dec 10, 2015

Congrats to buyer and seller. A beautiful piece.

Spacefruit likes this.
  13. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Dec 10, 2015

Funds sent directly to Spacefruit escrow account at Christie's NYC.

Spacefruit likes this.
  14. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Dec 10, 2015

Nice grab Gemini4

Spacefruit likes this.
  15. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Dec 10, 2015

Sorry. Not the buyer. Just commenting on why Mr. SF is raising some cash.

Spacefruit and d4uk like this.
  16. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Dec 10, 2015

Understand. Called AmEx last week to increase my credit line. ;)

Spacefruit likes this.