Forums Latest Members
  1. WatchTimes Oct 23, 2020

Ive always wanted one but just never pulled the trigger.
    A few weeks ago another dealer who knew I had wanted one offered me a deal I could not pass up on an unworn complete one.
    It sat at my office a few days before I could pick it up and then it sat at home a couple days and then I noticed it started showing the tell tale signs of needing a new battery. I got that all sorted and figured out how to set it & to use the chrono but I really need to play with the App to figure everything out.
    Still I have been wearing it almost daily since I got it... I usually rotate between about 5 watches every couple days but they have pretty much been sitting along with the rest of the hoard LOL
    Not a cheap quartz but a very cool one and one of a few I own (the rest are mostly under $1000 utility watches other than a few Rolex Oyster Quartz) the only other high end quartz I really want to add is the FP Journe Elegante! Its just cool!!
    Anyway here is the obligatory wrist shot. It wears very well for a watch of its size.

I love the NATO it comes with but I do not love how much Omega charges for a replacement LOL so I am wearing it on a Barton Jetson/Nato. Im also looking for other cool strap ideas and options.

IMG_7439.jpeg

10mmauto, schoolboy, T-Steve and 7 others like this.
  2. Ian_km Oct 23, 2020

Had my gen2 X-33 about 6 months now, gets plenty of wrist time, I’m a strap guy usually but the titanium bracelet is very comfortable, not felt the need to switch to strap or NATO.

Like the look of the solar and stock skywalker, can see me adding one at some point down the line. Makes a nice change from more traditional mechanicals.

3. ClaudeR Oct 24, 2020

I have the gen3 non-solar impulse, and I wear the heck out of it.
    It is by no means elegant or subtle, but a great great everyday watch!

4. WatchTimes Oct 24, 2020

Yes I am looking for a bracelet to buy.
    I do not see them often but maybe Ill get lucky!
    If anyone sees one please let me know!

5. jets Oct 25, 2020

While I like the SI, I think it’s rip off that it did not come with a Ti bracelet option. I get that the whole idea is being lightweight for gliding and all that but the price was too high considering a regular version was almost the same price with a bracelet.

6. bama2141 Oct 26, 2020

The bracelet from the Gen2 X-33 fits the Solar Impulse perfectly.

A515A4DF-E489-425A-841F-52EA03BD88B1.jpeg 3E34332A-3D77-4921-A98F-FF1BAD1B1C56.jpeg

I swapped mine over, then obtained an original double ridge strap fot the Gen2

3DCFB211-A7C9-4863-A83E-03E25B17E3E6.jpeg

Lou P likes this.
  7. snunez Oct 26, 2020

8. bama2141 Oct 26, 2020

I bought the strap from Cousins UK. They had a few new examples for sale on their website. It’s a fairly stiff strap and I added a butterfly deployant to it. It pretty much wears like a bracelet.