Forums Latest Members

So, what do the cool kids think of this bad boy? (doxa diver)

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 18, 2016

what say you?

Yeah, you.

I pretty much have the worst eye and instincts on this forum so I need some help.

I'm (((confused))) by dial description.

Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/122016783759Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 18, 2016

Do like a NOS vintage dress Doxa image.jpeg

( trying to get your second dibs for the day ) ;)

voere and citizenrich like this.
  3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 18, 2016

Stop showing off ::puke::

(Is that 18k?? Dibs!)

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 18, 2016

Ugh, that dial is just too busy and cluttered for me.

:D

Just goes to show that beautiful watches don't always have to be covered in the life story of the movement. Simplicity can be very elegant.

citizenrich and blufinz52 like this.
  5. knvqn Jun 18, 2016

I think it looks like a really cool diver's watch. For daily use, no. On the beach, hell yeah (make sure to beat it up by abusing it) + add a tanned vintage strap with some self-made marks :cool:

6. danomar Jun 18, 2016

I am not a cool kid, but I do always start here when considering vintage Doxa dive watches:

http://www.doxa300t.com/

The Sharkhunter in question seems to me an assemblage of different pieces in different states of condition. For example, the caseback is polished but the case is not. Makes one wonder. The hands have been re-painted (identified in the auction but not clearly) and re-lumed. Very few Doxa divers that I have seen have differently aged lume between the hands and dial, and when so, the hands tend to get darker than the dial lume markers. Nice Expandro bracelet, perhaps not original to the watch, but highly sought-after regardless.

The U.S. Divers version of the Sharkhunter is possibly the most valuable. This one very well might sell for more than twice the current bid, but it will only be worth the price to someone who is willing to invest several hundred more in restoring it... Or who does not know much about vintage Doxas and simply likes it.

LouS, TNTwatch, RawArcher and 2 others like this.
  7. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 22, 2016

WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY. (sorry for yelling)

This is why I like this forum. I realize how many hours you've invested getting as educated as you are about Doxa. Sometimes, it can be difficult to be as generous as you've been. Thank you.

Btw - I think it was @ 770 when u posted. It's now @ ~1200 with a good amount of time left. Looks like you know exactly what you write about :)

PS - yes, you're not cool

Very cool! Lol

8. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Jun 23, 2016

I'm no judge of cool, but thanks @danomar for the great input. Thanks, too, for outing yourself as an expert on Doxas! I was looking at that eBay listing as well and didn't pick up half of what you did, so thanks!

I'm definitely on the Doxa 300t hunt!

9. danomar Jun 24, 2016

Thanks for the praise, but I am no expert. I do, however, have a little experience with vintage Doxas. :whistling: