Forums Latest Members

So I asked a seller to remove the GSP fee and he did!

1. DON Oct 7, 2015

Was looking at 5 movements he had for sale, but wasn't interested in paying an added $40.00 with an already $28.00 s/h fee to Canada.

Told him I'll buy if the GSP is removed and done.

Surprised no one jump on the movements, but hoping the main one has a good balance. Will try and clean up some of the parts on it and will see how it goes.

2 bumper movements look clean. One is aged and may be broken down into parts. 511 will be a parts movement.

Odd thing is. Bumpers should all be small seconds, but one is sweep. Will have to check that one over

Dial on the left also looks interesting. It appears to have a raised outer hour section. Never seen that before

Just hope it's not just one big mess of crap

344, 2810RA, 30-10RA , 511 and 30T2 R9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DON

2. Canuck Oct 7, 2015

Many of the Omega bumper automatic calibres had a centre sweep second hand. The calibre 355 I am wearing being an example.

3. Geo! Oct 7, 2015

The last two bumpers I serviced were centre seconds.

4. Hijak Oct 7, 2015

"Bumpers should all be small seconds" ...what!:confused:

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    All bumpers!:)

eviktor, noelekal, Geo! and 1 other person like this.
  5. Canuck Oct 7, 2015

And yet another!

image.jpeg

eviktor and Geo! like this.
  6. TNTwatch Oct 7, 2015

How did he remove the fee? I've asked before but all said it was impossible without cancelling the listing and relist it, and they didn't want to do it.

The caliber number listing is wrong on at least one movement. The one on the top left is a 30T2 RG, a chronometer rated movement. This one alone is worth more than what you've likely paid for the whole lot. Congrats on a nice catch!

7. DON Oct 7, 2015

Well aware that not all movements are small seconds guys. I only meant the movements I bought were. However it turns out the 28.10RA is actually a sweep model. I really don't bother with the older open spring bumper models (prefer the hidden spring bumpers) which accounted for my error.

No clue TNT. I asked and he did. I expected a no reply or someone using the BIN before I even heard back, but heard back and done.

Actually there is a 30T2 R9, but next to no info. Few watch images. Will have to check the ref. when received

He also has a Omega 333 up for sale, but badly worn GF case, rotor not marked (no adjust. etc) and balance bridge covered, so no idea if RG correct

DON

8. Canuck Oct 7, 2015

G S T stands for Gouging and Scr_ _ ing Tax. Private individuals are not obliged to collect GST on items they sell. So if it was a private individual, he had no place assessing the GST. Once a tax return under a business name is submitted, that company is obliged to collect and submit a return indicating sales figures, and tax collected, along with payment in the amount collected. After $30,000.00 (Cdn) sales in a year, the taxpayer can submit a return showing sales, GST collected, minus GST paid out on eligible purchases, and payment for the difference is submitted. If this sale was made by a business with a GST number, then the business will be obliged to submit the 5% GST, even though he didn't collect it.

9. TNTwatch Oct 7, 2015

There's no R9. The RG was their top movement back then.

10. DON Oct 7, 2015

Hi Canuck - not sure what brought up the GST comment as I was refering to the EBay GSP program.

TNT - maybe a Pre RG reference. Never owned one. Had a few RG bumpers, but not a manual wind. Bit of a wait until they arrive, so will check them out when they show up

DON