Forums Latest Members
  1. ctpete Aug 16, 2015

image.jpg just me and my Seamaster 300m.

And, as I am walking around enjoying the town and the lake, I came across a small watch shop with mostly Rolexes, and a smattering of other high end brands. There on the shelf was a single vintage Omega in what at first glance I thought to be its original box.
    Upon further review it turns out to be a later box for a different model. But the watch was very nice. The price shown was 1600euro. It has an automatic movement and is free of obvious defects. It is wearing a like new Hirsch strap. I could not tell immediately if the watch was gold filled or plated, but the shop owner stated it was solid gold. As evidence of its being solid gold, he pointed to the 18k mark on the strap's clasp! (Not falling for that one, of course.)
    The case is highly polished but still has all the sharp edges. I could not really see the case back because it had a store sticker covering most of it. He claims the watch was mfg in 1970. He begrudgingly let me take a quick picture of it, which I will post momentarily. So, should I go buy it right away before someone else does.....or go across the street and get a gelato?

Jones in LA likes this.
  2. ctpete Aug 16, 2015

image.jpg Here it is:
    image.jpg

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 16, 2015

Nocciola is my favorite flavor. Look both ways before crossing the street. Those Vespas are deceptively quick.

micampe, LarryG, LouS and 1 other person like this.
  4. ctpete Aug 16, 2015

Yes, but it might be more dangerous to buy a watch here than to dodge a Vespa!

5. alam Aug 16, 2015

Going for a gelato or a cafe macchiato will help you stay away from an over priced decision.

6. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Aug 16, 2015

Even if 18k the price is pretty high at 1600 euros. I would pass.

7. Traveler Aug 16, 2015

+1 ... That Gelato will be the best tasting one ever, reckon it saved you close to a grand

8. lillatroll Aug 16, 2015

You could buy a lot more for your money than what is on offer, me I would be heading over the road for a lemon and mint icecream.

9. Sgt_Bilko Aug 17, 2015

Lascia stare e non pensarci più (leave it well alone and forget about it).