Forums Latest Members
  1. Nova1978 Jan 9, 2014

I bought an older watch from someone online. It supposed to be automatic And serviced.
    Upon receiving the package, found out the second hand fell off loose inside the watch. also, I can't get the crown to pop out to 3rd to change time.
    Oh the hand that is loss seems to bend a little on the front assuming its free moving around during shipMENT
    seller is not responding to me ( not on this forum). But I have initiate a claim since I afraid it passed the 45 days because it takes over 3 weeks to come on mail!

what should I do?

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 9, 2014

Initiate the claim ASAP. If you don't, then you will have no other recourse. This is particularly true on eBay.

If you and the seller work it out, you can always withdraw the claim.
    gatorcpa

3. Nova1978 Jan 9, 2014

Thanks, I did started a dispute. I have not started to escalate yet, but uploaded pictures and sale link showing watch working vs mine pictures

4. ulackfocus Jan 9, 2014

Look up when the purchase took place in your history. 3 weeks is only 21 days so you're probably inside the 45 day (6 1/2 week) period.

NEVER EVER BELIEVE AN EBAY LISTING ABOUT A WATCH BEING 'SERVICED'. I bet 75% of sellers don't even know what 'serviced' really means.

5. Nova1978 Jan 9, 2014

Haha its funny and the same kind of sad lesson from me! Buy it from proper people

6. Nova1978 Jan 11, 2014

So, I filed the claim today...the watch has even more problem then the hand...there is rust inside...I have one of the local watchmaker to look at it. Luckily it's only a few hundred not in thousands....