Forums Latest Members

So any guesses on who might be purchasing Breitling?

1. Riviera Paradise Nov 29, 2016

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...maker-breitling-said-to-be-considering-a-sale

Still early days, but I would be interested to hear opinions from forum members: which luxury group (Swatch, Richemont, LVMH and Kering) might buy out Breitling and why.

I think Richemont or Kering might make sense...i.e. to have a younger, sports orientated watch brand within their brand portfolio....but Richemont seems to be struggling....who else?

2. meganfox17 Nov 30, 2016

[​IMG][​IMG]

Longbow, Modest_Proposal and NT931 like this.
  3. Riviera Paradise Nov 30, 2016

I know you jest @meganfox17, but actually a Chinese watch group wanting to expand internationally and get some Swiss made credentials might make sense. Or perhaps another move by the Japanese Citizen Group (own FC, Arnold & Son, Bulova...)?

kkt and meganfox17 like this.
  4. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 30, 2016

I just wanted to write "prepotent douchebags", but I reckon I misread the question...

dialstatic, kkt and Riviera Paradise like this.
  5. WatchVaultNYC Nov 30, 2016

Sea-Gull? Invicta?

6. Riviera Paradise Nov 30, 2016

If the current owners have any sentiment/love for their brand, I sincerely hope they would choose one of the main Swiss luxury groups or the Citizen group. I understand that some don't like the bling factor present within some of their product range, but I do admire and respect the Navitimer, B01 calibre and the three-hander SuperOcean Heritage product line:
    20160129_232030.jpg

kkt and Jwit like this.
  7. rcs914 Dec 2, 2016

God I hate it when press release/articles like this over-inflate a brands history:

"The 132-year-old watchmaker is one of the larger Swiss watch brands that’s still independent while most others have been acquired by Swatch Group AG, Richemont, LVMH and Kering SA."

Breitling today is Sicura, and has nothing to do with the old Breitling brand other than the trademark. The original Breitling company died in 1978.

trama likes this.