Forums Latest Members
  1. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Oct 13, 2016

I was just told an interesting snippet of information by an OB. Apparently Omega never released the full allocation of Snoopies because of the profiteering. Wonder if they'll drip them out eventually.

2. Bushido Oct 13, 2016

If true, and they do end up trickling out the rest, things could get quite interesting.

3. Greatpa Oct 13, 2016

Would you be able to order @ the Omega shop, as if it was a 'regular' unlimited watch? When and how? :confused:

4. BobXX Oct 13, 2016

Doesn't limiting the supply cause prices to inflate even more than they would otherwise?

I guess they're hoping that it's just a trend that'll eventually die down.

Maganator likes this.
  5. alam Oct 13, 2016

if true, what was Omega trying to achieve??

::popcorn::

6. repoman Oct 13, 2016

I think the likelihood of this is about zero. Pretty much all Snoopy's were purchased via pre-orders from retail clients and from AD's. AD's didn't get as many as they wanted because of demand. I have a hard time believing a company that exists to sell watches, chooses not sell their hottest item in decades.

Edited Oct 14, 2016
  7. photovillage Oct 13, 2016

No one really knows how many were made, but I have a good source that says no more are coming that are not already built. A source that always has proven to be right in the past.

Anyway, I feel like those sort of max'd out in value ...there was a pretty quick jump before the seem to have "stuck" at where they are now going to sell regardless.

8. repoman Oct 14, 2016

It's a limited edition of 1970 pieces... that were all presold. Am I missing something? I think the right answer is 1970. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just can't believe its any more complicated than this.

photovillage likes this.
  9. photovillage Oct 14, 2016

If they actually made the whole number. Other brands, such as Lange, have run limited editions even more limited due to a variety of factors...however without collecting all the serial numbers (as happened in the case of the EL Jubilee) it is not often public knowledge how many were ultimately made.

That said, it should not be more than the limited ed number regardless.

10. Greatpa Oct 14, 2016

@Tiny Iota any extra info for us on this matter?

11. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Oct 14, 2016

No more info, sorry. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to talk more, but she just said they didn't like people instantly flipping them (so they were clearly tracking the market) and so stopped releasing them. As for the motivations, we can only speculate. Yes it's true that could be construed as shooting themselves in the foot, as they loose guaranteed sales of the hottest watch at the time. But I can see them not wanted to be associated with non-loyal customers who only buy to immediately stick them on eBay.

12. photovillage Oct 14, 2016

I would think their watches going up quickly would seen as a good thing behind closed doors. No one wants to think the most valuable day in their watches life was the day right before they brought it home.

I would guess that all were made and sold, but without collecting serial numbers, it would be speculation on either side to say otherwise. I don't think they would produce more than their edition in any case, if not only for ethics, also for reputation.

13. guelerct Oct 14, 2016

If the Snoopy watch was not limited edition would it still be as popular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e46rj likes this.
  14. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Oct 14, 2016

I remain quite mystified by the appeal of this watch. I don't think it can have been on the grounds of aesthetics. The cartoon style just doesn't look right to me and I've yet to see a Speedmaster that looks good with a white/silver dial. The NASA-link concept has more going for it and the 14 seconds sector expresses this well, though it's somehow not something that really grabs attention as the watch is seen on-wrist. So why was there hyperbole (now much reduced) earlier in the year? I feel that there is a body of Omega fans which will accept any design output as a Limited/Special Edition as being highly desirable, whether they themselves really like its visual/concept characteristics. On top of that, if there's the prospect of immediate flipping with profit, a clamour gets going that's frankly unseemly. So, if Omega have constrained distribution because of this latter point, I'd feel that's good for the longer term perception of the company's image and quality principles. Clearly there was a phase where Omega was alienating some really dedicated, brand-loyal enthusiasts who felt hard done-by over the delay of deliveries and feelings that their order had been bumped to satisfy people who were simply looking to speculate.

15. Caller Oct 14, 2016

Just be relaxed about being mystified, no need to launch into a pretty wide critique of much else as a consequence.

I love the aesthetics of the snoopy , I thought the dial and reasoning behind it great and would have loved to have been one of the lucky recipients (at the RRP). I also have a silver speedy, which I regard as one classy watch that gives me a lot of pleasure. Each to their own and all that!

16. kilofinal Feb 11, 2017

I hope there will be future anniversary editions of Apollo 13. Really love this watch

17. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Feb 11, 2017

Of course Snoopy was curtailed - he was a dog.

18. ashleysteadman Feb 13, 2017

I do actually see where @davy26 is coming from here... I like the overall aesthetic of the Silver Snoopy and I think the white dial is cool but I'm not a fan of cartoon characters on my watches. Nor questions - "What could you do in 14 seconds"? I don't quite get the hype on this piece.

That being said, I like the variety that Omega brings to the market - something for everyone! :D

19. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 13, 2017

At least he wasn't detailed.

20. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Feb 13, 2017

Some of the best bred dogs are.