Forums Latest Members
  1. Alan58 May 3, 2020

Hi guys! Firstly I'd like to quickly introduce myself. My Name is Alan, I'm 26 years old and I'm from the UK. I'm a big watch fan, and an even bigger Omega fan (of course) and it's an honour to finally be a part of the wonderful community here!

I have a quick question for you today regarding my Omega Seamaster SMPc.
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I have with my dive extension. I purchased the watch form my AD last year. I was lucky as they only had a couple left before the new 2018 version fully took over!

The issue is more of an annoyance than anything too serious. But it is something I would like to get fixed. Basically my dive extension is extremely loose within the clasp. To the point where it will open 50% of the time I take off the watch. I believe the reason may be that the grooves in which the bar locks into are slightly too wide to hold the extension securely. When on the wrist the clasp itself is perfectly secure. But you can in fact lift up the extension while the clasp is closed, and because of this it can rattle quite a lot. (See video 2)

I've attached 2 videos. The first one showing how easily it opens. Just a wiggle, and then it will pop out.

And the 2nd video is showing that it can be manipulated whilst the clasp is shut..

(Yes the extension is certainly folded into the clasp the correct way)

I'll probably have to return to the AD and get a new clasp sorted of course. But due to lockdown I can't do anything at this time. So I thought I'd come on here and see if anyone has had a similar issue. And/or can suggest a fix.

Thank you in advance!

Here are the videos..

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 3, 2020

What is the watch model number, or bracelet reference number?

3. Alan58 May 3, 2020

Watch model number- 212.30.41.20.03.001

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 3, 2020

Thanks, can you post a close up of the dive extension fully opened, from both sides?

5. Alan58 May 3, 2020

Note that the black Mark's in the main groove on the left are not dirt. They are scuffs.

Feel free to ask for more photos.

Snapchat-42382210.jpg Snapchat-504835680.jpg
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 3, 2020

This is a different style to the older versions, and one I've not yet had to tighten up. First, are these little protrusions just bumps in the metal, or are they spring loaded buttons?

Dive Ext1.jpg
    If they are spring loaded buttons like the older Ti clasp versions, I'm not sure there's much you can do. If they are not, then try putting a tiny bench in the extension by putting your thumbs at this read arrow, and bending it just a touch, and see if that tightens it up:

Dive Ext2.jpg

Cheers, Al

7. Alan58 May 3, 2020

Thank you for your time! It is much appreciated!

Yes those bumps are indeed just little protrusions.

Just to be clear on the instruction.
    I should bend the extension slightly this way?

Snapchat-177393003.jpg
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 3, 2020

Yes, increase the amount of curve...just a bit though.

9. Alan58 May 3, 2020

Thank you very much!

I have tried it, I believe I was able to increase the curve a tiny amount, And I feel like it has definitely improved! It's still very noticeably loose. But it certainly has improved marginally. as it will no longer open without applied pressure. It definitely seems like this may indeed be the issue. Just a little scared to push that curve any further just incase..

Archer likes this.
  10. toolr May 3, 2020

I have found that the "forks" compress slightly and the metal protrusions become slightly rounded over time thereby losing their effectiveness, this would also occur with the older style dive extensions i.e. on the 1503/825 and 1610/930 bracelet clasps. Took one to the Omega service center in Seattle a couple years ago and they pried the "forks" apart slightly which seemed to work pretty well. The ceramic balls design of the titanium clasps is much better.

Alan58 likes this.