Forums Latest Members
  1. Madjam1966 Jul 25, 2017

Doing some research on the SMPc, compared to its predecessor the clasp on the latest model doesn't fit flush against the wrist whereas on the older model it was perfectly engineered to do so. To any SMPc owner, especially those who have worn the previous (wavy dial) version, how does it feel on the wrist by comparison?

2. wilfreb Jul 25, 2017

I'm my personal experience, it feels better, it's shorter and less prone to scratch, works just as good and also looks better with just the logo on it. [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Aronis Jul 25, 2017

I have to drive to a dealer tomorrow to look at some watches but am kind of surprised Omega's website does not have more detailed photos of the bracelets which come with their watches. I searched and could not find much information on their site. This image above is helpful along with a few others I have seen. But do all the current model watches come with the same kind of clasp? I have read about the micro adjust clasps which sounds perfect.

And......can you buy new bracelets for your watch from Omega? They do not list any on line. I'd like to get the blue leather strap AND the metal bracelet. Rather have them now than need a new strap in 10 years when the leather wears out? Or do the leather straps last for 20 years????

Mike

4. wilfreb Jul 25, 2017

i dont like leather straps, as i prefer metal bracelets or maybe rubber bands, maybe another person can help you with that question.

5. Aronis Jul 25, 2017

I like the added security of the metal bracelet, can be half un clasped and still be safe on your wrist. LOL.....

Mike

6. Madjam1966 Jul 25, 2017

That's very true Mike. The website is quite glossy but omits alot of the finer details and is very short on photos (ie. usually only one of each watch, and the various colours only) plus some splurge on ambassadors and maybe a bit on Co Axial developmentment (fair enough) but very little detail and no alternative camera angles.

I was studying an SMPc up close today and despite its sheer beauty overall I still prefer the flusher bracelet of the previous model.

Edited Jul 25, 2017
  7. Aronis Jul 25, 2017

I guess its good that I live two hours away from such fine jewelry stores. We have a Rolex dealer here and I was looking for a SS Daytona but it's like buying a Ferrari...apparently I'm not in the club. The Stainless Steel Daytona's are usually bought up by 'special customers.' If I had purchased a $14,000 watch for my wife he was willing to but me on the list for a SS Daytona in 2020 or so. From what I was told, the SS Daytona's actually sell at higher prices than the White Gold version which looks the same?? Odd? I'm not a collector. So what the hell do I know.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  8. vitriol Jul 28, 2017

9. Aronis Jul 29, 2017

I made a trip to look at some watches. I was able to see the clasps in person and was very happy with the clasp design on the leather straps! Just can't justify the cash outlay for a 'toy' for myself. :)..
    Mike

10. Jacko321 Feb 4, 2018

Hi I just bought a Coax new with the different clasp and you cannot feel any difference to the old model . Which I previously had. Regards Paul

BrianMcKay likes this.
  11. wilfreb Feb 5, 2018

The micro aadjustabl clasp is is a joy to use

20171227_124044-01.jpeg 20171219_170136-01.jpeg 20171225_163706-01.jpeg
    67ViP likes this.
  12. 67ViP Feb 6, 2018

Had mine updated as well, very nice addition.

13. sevenhelmet Feb 6, 2018

And that is, in a nutshell, what I hate about Rolex.