Forums Latest Members
  1. malcjaxx Oct 17, 2018

Hi All,
    I have recently started searching for an SMPc 212.30.41.20.03.001 and am unsure as yet as to whether I will buy new from an AD (this really depends on whether they will offer a discount) or a nearly new one online, if I can find a nice one.
    Having looked at many examples online, I've noticed that the numerals/markings on the ceramic bezel insert seem to be very 'dull' almost as if the markings have faded somehow to the extent that in some cases the markings are quite difficult to see.
    I'm wondering if this is a known issue with the bezel or would this just be down to the way the pictures have been taken?

2. BenBagbag Oct 17, 2018

The new version has much brighter numerals. Have you seen it?

3. malcjaxx Oct 17, 2018

I have, but prefer the previous version

4. Draven Oct 17, 2018

I don't believe they fade at all. Here is mine and I absolutely love it

The bezel markings are in a subtle grey colour and I understand why you would think they look faded as they are not a sharp silver colour but I can assure you they do not fade.

In a faded light they appear grey but in bright light they are much brighter, almost silver in colour.

fullsizeoutput_2b5.jpeg
  5. stockae92 Oct 18, 2018

I remember reading that you can actually buff the marking off the bezel insert.(e.g. if you brush the outer edge of the bezel without covering the bezel insert, you could rub the marking off)

But from factory, i wouldn't call them bright, but they are ok and not dull.