Forums Latest Members

SMPc 300M micro clasp question. NOW SORTED WITH PICS.

1. Steve Essex Jul 17, 2018

Hi
    Earlier today I received my new 212.30.41.20.03.001 SMPc 300M. I removed two full size links and it fitted perfectly. Just now, I was fiddling with the dive extension and when I put it back into the normal position, the bracelet was loose. A lot looser than before I opened the dive extension. It looks like it could now do with a couple of the very smallest links removing. I’ve checked and double checked and I can see that there’s no other way of snapping the dive extension back into place so why would that happen? Or am I just going mad?

This brings me on to my next question - the micro adjustable clasp. Looking around, a clasp with 6 positions of micro adjustment can be fitted. I think it’s for the Planet Ocean. Part number 117STZ001154. Because of its length, some links need removing but some have commented that the clasp is wider that the original bracelet. Others have commented that another clasp is nearer to the original size clasp although it only has 3 micro adjustment positions, which should be enough for me - if it definately fits! Part number for that is 117STZ004666.

Are there any SMPc owners on here or general experts that have either fitted one of these micro adjustable clasps to a SMPc 300M or can possibly offer me some advice or confirm that the 4666 clasp will fit? Thanks.

kkorky likes this.
  2. stevec14 Jul 17, 2018

I can’t answer your questions directly, but if you email one of the London OB’s (I assume you are close by your user name) they will give you what you need. I did when looking for a bracelet swap for my Ck2998 and they were most helpful (unlike Rolex who won’t consider anything not originally with the watch).

Just an option for you if you can’t get what you need here.

Cheers,
    Steve

Steve Essex likes this.
  3. Steve Essex Jul 18, 2018

Thanks. Mixed response. My local Essex AD kept calling me 'Bud' and promised to 'bell me back' back but I haven’t heard from him. On the other hand, the OB in Old Bond Street told me they can’t sell parts for me to fit myself - I have to come to the store to have the clasp fitted but I would also need to bring along my international warranty card. Eh? Great dealer service - not!

So, can anyone else offer any advice?

4. Steve Essex Jul 19, 2018

Called back my local AD, spoke to a different person - a very nice sales girl. Called me 'Sir' several times! She took my order over the phone and I paid by CC. I’ve gone for the smaller clasp 117STZ004666 with three micro adjustments. £47. I’ll post pictures up of it when I get it and fit it - it may help someone else.

Cadillac likes this.
  5. Steve Essex Jul 20, 2018

Sorted! New clasp. £47. Came with two new pins and four new screws. Just as well as one of the original screws disappeared before my very eyes. I think my dog who was watching me may have inhaled it. :thumbsdown:

There are two clasps. Well, three actually. One has a dive extension. The one I fitted is the smaller of the two that has no dive extension but at 61 years old never having worn a dive suit, I don’t think that will be a problem for me! I just wanted some slight adjustability and the three position clasp suited my needs perfectly. The larger clasp has more positions but is about 40% longer requiring a couple of links to be removed and if you have thin wrists, the underneath of the bracelet will be all clasp. The clasp I fitted is the same length as the original.

2ADFE3EB-740C-4CF7-8566-02C6808B58C6.jpeg

New clasp on left. Looks slightly wider than the original clasp in the picture but it’s exactly the same thickness as the bracelet.
    E0FEA33E-6656-4069-93BF-189D0BE41CD8.jpeg

There’s approximately 1 link adjustment over three stages. This is at minimum adjustment.
    D99B0576-520D-4CF4-9BA3-6CFCD76B49A1.jpeg

And this is at maximum adjustment.
    20BC0A83-59B2-4DE2-8885-F30DF1F0A39E.jpeg

Minimum adjustment.
    C46AEDC0-AA8E-4474-8C2A-27238241AE29.jpeg

Maximum adjustment (I used a screwdriver to show the gap).
    11B3A002-59C6-4A72-8605-23FBB50D8ACB.jpeg

That’s all folks. I hope this is of help to someone. :thumbsup:

vadimo, curlo, chrisca70 and 5 others like this.
  6. Cadillac Jul 20, 2018

Thank you for the update, I’m looking at doing this clasp swap as well. I’m going to order that very same clasp for my SMPc, thanks for the part number (I had no idea there are varying clasp sizes).

7. Steve Essex Jul 21, 2018

Just as an addition to this thread I’ve found some part numbers for all three clasps with current UK prices

117STZ004666 - adjustable to 3 positions. Without diver extension. Same size as original clasp. £47
    117STZ001154 - adjustable to 6 positions. Without diver extension. £85
    117STZ001159 - adjustable to 6 positions. With diver extension. Didn’t ask price!

Personally, I think the bottom two of that list will look out of proportion on that watch unless you have big, thick wrists and probably better suited to the Planet Ocean or Chrono version. Only my opinion though. :)

Edited Jul 21, 2018
    kkorky and 67ViP like this.
  8. Kraut783 Jul 21, 2018

"117STZ001154 - adjustable to 6 positions. Without diver extension. £85"

I have this on my SMPc....it does not look out of proportion at all. The six positions is worth it.

Adj Clasp.jpg
  9. Steve Essex Jul 21, 2018

Each to their own. I just think mine looks in proportion to my skinny wrist!

DCF7249C-6F62-4865-9AAA-C800D8711348.jpeg

keisuke_z likes this.
  10. Kraut783 Jul 21, 2018

Absolutely, gotta like it to wear it =)

11. dwboston Jul 21, 2018

I like the larger clasp - if you have the wrist size to pull it off, it looks more "normal" to me.

12. aesguerra Jul 27, 2018

How skinny a wrist are we talking about here? And which clasp did you go with?

13. Steve Essex Jul 28, 2018

I’ve just measured my wrist. 7 3/4”. I went with the 117STZ004666 - adjustable to 3 positions. Without diver extension. Same size as original clasp. £47 so if you’re happy with how it looks now, it’ll look no different with this clasp.

aesguerra likes this.
  14. Steve Essex Jul 31, 2018

Well, after a few weeks I can happily report that the clasp is working fine. Of the three adjustments I’ve only ever had it in the smallest and mid size positions. I have one more position left should my wrist suffer an extreme swelling. Christ knows how much your wrist must have to swell for you to use the 6 position clasp!

LarsJensen likes this.
  15. aesguerra Aug 1, 2018

Haha. :p

From what I've read, quite a few 1154 users appear to be divers who find the extra three positions still useful as a pseudo dive extension.

After hearing your observation that your 4666 is similar in size to the original SMPc clasp, I'm gonna opt for this one. Looking to order within a week or two. Thanks again for sharing your findings. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Alex

16. kkorky Nov 7, 2018

Would it be too much of a problem to get the contact details of your AD please-i am an expat working in Greece & i contacted my AD here (i own a PO chrono 600m) and he says he cant get them, but that he can get the whole watch strap. Obviously he is trying to make more money out of me & although i would love to have the new clasp, i am not willing to purchase a completely new watch strap.

Cheers in advance

Kkorky

17. Steve Essex Nov 7, 2018

Hi
    I bought mine from here:
    http://www.emsonhaig.com/
    Omega Lakeside
    258 INTU Lakeside West Thurrock Way Grays Essex RM20 2ZH
    [email protected]
    01708 890 730 | Fax: 01708 890 731

The person I dealt with was Georgina Shore. I ordered and paid over the phone and went up and collected it when it was in. I don't know whether they post them out though

Regards. .
    Steve

vadimo, KstateSkier and kkorky like this.
  18. Steve Essex Nov 7, 2018

Oh, forgot to say. You can only fit these clasps if you have the later screw type link pins on the bracelet. If you have an earlier watch with push fit link pins, I understand you need to also but conversion links for each side of the watch. I'm sorry but I don't know the part numbers for those and I think they are not as easy to do as the screw pin links.

kkorky likes this.
  19. kkorky Nov 15, 2018

My sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner & thanking you for the information, so |thanks alot-much appreciated. I've been quite busy & frankly forgot about me having asked for the info.

I plan on contacting your AD sometime next week & hopefully work out something with them, i will initially call them and give them my watch info so that i'm sure that i order the correct clasp.

As for the screw vs pin pins, i have the newer Planet Ocean Chrono(see my poor quality pic that i attached), so i have screws.

Again many thanks for your help. omega.jpg

ericmtl and Steve Essex like this.
  20. Jacko321 Jan 8, 2019