SMP DIVER 300M rotor noise

When I first acquired this reference, the rotor was silent. Recently I noticed it is very noticable (loud). Curious if this is normal wear or sign of impending failure.
Owned about 3 years. Not worn as daily. 8800 movement.
Anyone with experience
Thanks.
Edited:

When you say loud, do you mean you can hear it even if you’re not holding the watch to your ear?

Like 1
Same watch, 4 years almost 24/7 not noticed any change in volume but then I don’t take it off to listen to it.
Maybe you should go to a store and compare with a new one?

Like 1
When you say loud, do you mean you can hear it even if you’re not holding the watch to your ear?
Yes, definitely. Quite audible.

If it’s that loud, that seems unusual. I’d send it in for a warranty service.

Like 1
I can hear mine on my wrist. Been that way since day 1. Pretty sure it's normal. I think there have been threads about how loud they are. Doesn't bother me.

Like 1
To me the concern is that the OP says it’s changed, and significantly. If it were a since-day-1 thing, I’d be inclined not to think it’s an issue.

Like 2
Those movements make noise. Mine does too. Even the 7750 makes less noise. A bit of a disappointment to be honest

Like 1
To me the concern is that the OP says it’s changed, and significantly. If it were a since-day-1 thing, I’d be inclined not to think it’s an issue.
I see what you mean.
This is not a daily. I wasn’t sure if this was a normal break-in issue where after several months, the rotor becomes louder as it wears in.
I am keeping track on watch tracker and so far it hasn’t affected accuracy. The noise isn’t grinding necessarily, just different from what I remember.

That doesn't sound normal to me. I checked my SMP Diver 300 with a 8800 movement and it's super quiet. I can barely hear the movement ticking even holding it next to my ear.

Like 1
I can barely hear the movement ticking even holding it next to my ear.
I believe the OP is discussing the noise from the rotor weight not the ticking :thumbsup: But perhaps, maybe I have misunderstood this thread.
the rotor was silent.
When I first read this, I was inclined to believe it was the ceramic bearings as it has been discussed those are louder than previous generation movements.

Like 2
I believe the OP is discussing the noise from the rotor weight not the ticking :thumbsup: But perhaps, maybe I have misunderstood this thread.

When I first read this, I was inclined to believe it was the ceramic bearings as it has been discussed those are louder than previous generation movements.

Ohhhh. My mistake. I read it but my mind went somewhere else. The rotor is also very quiet on mines.

Like 2
Timed Seamaster last couple days and it measured +.5 sec/day.
Think I’m gonna just let it go with the issue till service time. Seems to be working fine for now.

Like 2