Forums Latest Members
  1. bigtruck2005 Apr 20, 2013

Hello everyone,

I have noticed an issue with the supernova on my Seamaster's skeleton sword hands. Purchased the timepiece BNIB from an AD in March 2012. The minute hand and marker on the bezel glow a drastically less (at least in my mind, maybe I am being too OCD) than the hour markers and the hour and second hand. Rather than the deeper bluish green, they are more of a fainter green color.

1) I wanted to tap into the knowledge here and see if anyone has experienced the same issue?

2) Is this possibly bad marking of the hands, or hands that were older placed on to the new watch at the factory?

3) This should be a replaceable covered issue under warranty as it is only a year old?

Thank you ahead of time for listening to my nitpicking. Wife thinks I'm crazy for obsessing, but I feel they should all glow, and lose the glow at a similar rate, and not in a little over a year. Additionally, not looking forward to sending it in for 4-6 weeks, but thats the breaks.

Cheers,

Eli

2. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Apr 22, 2013

That would be because your minute hand and bezel pip are meant to glow green :thumbsup:

When Omega were designing the ceramic SMP and Planet Ocean, they wanted the luminescence to be as visible as possible when underwater, and wanted there to be some extra contrast in low light conditions. Therefore they made the minute hand and pip glow green, whilst the rest glowed blue. A pretty cool innovation, if you ask me!

3. bigtruck2005 Apr 22, 2013

Wow, that is good to know! I appreciate the information! I have to admit I feel like I asked a completely ignorant question though simultaneously :whistling: Thanks for curing my OCD worries!

4. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Apr 22, 2013

No problem at all - it's always nice to find out interesting nuggets of information about your watch! :thumbsup: