Forums Latest Members
  1. EdtheAussie Feb 16, 2017

2. Barada7 Feb 17, 2017

At the price it sold for, it would have been a very good buy.

Worth sending it to Omega for a refurb.

EdtheAussie likes this.
  3. EdtheAussie Feb 23, 2017

This is back on offer, I have asked the seller and he states that the chronograph doesn't work. Still think it is a goer?

Edited Feb 23, 2017
  4. Barada7 Feb 24, 2017

In my opinion - and I assume the worst, a substantial bill from Omega for repair - if you can get it for under $1200 US, and get it serviced at Omega for around $1000 US, I think it's a good buy.

If you go through the hassle of purchase and refurb, then decide you don't like it, you can likely break even on the used market. Obviously there are too many factors at play to declare that with substantial certainty. But, at the least, you shouldn't take a monster hit on the sale.

If you like it, then all the better. You have a great watch at a very fair total all in price.

Let the forum know what you decide. It's a great watch and looks sharp on rubber, the bond, or the Speedie bracelet. It'd probably look good on a nato too.

5. EdtheAussie Feb 24, 2017

Thanks a lot @Barada7 for the lengthy response. Food for thought, I really appreciate it.

Currently not back up on ebay, I think this is the 7th(?) time. Anyway If I see it again I think I will take a gamble on it and report back.