Forums Latest Members
  1. SpeedieMan Mar 7, 2018

Hi Guys,
    I’m on a little vacation with my family. We stopped in DC and went to the Air and Space museum. It’s the one with all of the space shuttles. I looked and looked (including in the Time and Navigation exhibit) and there was no mention that I saw of omega speedmasters!
    We also watched the IMAX movie about the missions to mars. If you looked carefully, you could see the omega Speedies on the astronaut’s wrists. It’s weird that many of us associate so much importance with these watches in reference to space exploration, but the museum seems to have forgotten about this.
    Anyone else have a similar finding?

Larry S likes this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 7, 2018

You'll see a couple watches at the downtown Air & Space Museum. The one out by Dulles is much newer, and houses a lot of planes, etc., while the one downtown has loads of rockets and early aviation.

Larry S likes this.
  3. Vitezi Mar 7, 2018

4. panamavin Mar 8, 2018

The Air Museum in Pensacola NAS where the Blue Angels are stationed has a speedy on display and discusses it in depth. That trip cost me as I wound buying one on the forums before I left!

5. sah Mar 15, 2018

Went to Smithsonian Time and Navigation with my SMPc. Saw the Charles Lindbergh's watch and the Huygens first ship clock.

IMG_1343.jpg 20180314_143337.jpg 20180314_142815.jpg
    Edited Mar 17, 2018
    frazierspa likes this.
  6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 15, 2018

Sorry for the derail, but man, over 50 years living around DC and I have not seen a Washington Monument pic from that location. The Lincoln Memorial and flags really help complete the whole phallic thing.