Forums Latest Members

FS Smiths Radio Room Watch - Timefactors PRS-28

1. KJH666 Jul 7, 2018

For sale is the now extremely rare and highly desirable Smiths Radio Room Watch from Timefactors. The watch was based on the famous clocks used around the world in the 40s and 50s and was a limited edition of just 100 pieces. The watch is long sold out and very rarely comes up for sale as most are with collectors who will not part with them.

It took me several years to track one down. I haven't seen one listed for sale on e-bay or indeed on any watch forums in the best part of three years. They are almost impossible to get hold of these days. Below is a link to the original Timefactors listing that provides a little more detail and the specifications for those that like to check such things out.

http://www.timefactors.com/smithsprs28.htm

The watch is a full set and comes with the original black box, out of date guarantee card and the original Tan strap.

The watch is number 93 of 100 and is in great condition. It runs a little on the fast side, perhaps +25 secs a day, but could be easily regulated by a competetent Watch maker. This is declared in the interests of full disclosure. It is difficult to be accurate as this watch never had the winding and hacking (stopping the second hand) facility.

In really nice condition throughout and comes with a whole host of extras that were never included in the original sale.

A special edition 'Italian Flag' NATO strap from gasgasbones - which really suits it and makes it a great summer watch

A Zulu Diver green canvass and brown leather strap from Watch Geko

A two piece Black NATO strap from gasgasbones

A black leather racing strap

An 'Omega style' deployant from Watch Obsession that fits onto the Black racing strap.

A dark brown leather strap.

The watch is 40mm and the lugs are 22mm.

This is a lovely package for an extremely rare watch and the extras alone are worth at least £100+.

Only selling because I have had too many incoming and need to let something go.

Asking £550.00 including shipping by Bank Transfer, PayPal or cash on collection.

Postage in the U.K. is by RMSD with full tracking and insurance and guaranteed next day delivery.

For overseas buyers shipping is by Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed For, which takes 5 to 9 working days depending on location. Overseas buyers are responsible for any taxes or other charges imposed by the border or customs staff in your country.

Any inspection or collection in person is available by prior arrangement. I am by Jun 2 of the M53 on the Wirral in the North West.

Thanks for looking,
    Ken

IMG_6730.JPG IMG_6733.JPG IMG_6735.JPG IMG_6738.JPG IMG_6746.JPG IMG_6747.JPG IMG_6760.JPG IMG_6791.JPG IMG_6793.JPG IMG_7387.JPG IMG_7388.JPG IMG_7405.JPG
  2. KJH666 Jul 9, 2018

Bump.

Edited Jul 10, 2018
  3. KJH666 Jul 12, 2018

Reduced to £525.00.