Forums Latest Auctions Members

Smartband or activity tracker you use?

1. PeterT

PeterT Dec 29, 2018

Hi,

I have a PO... it rarely leaves my wrist and I’m not going to change that setup I’m sure. :) Where I ask your advice is what kind of activity tracker or smartband do you use (if any)...

I obviously do not want a 2nd watch on any of my hands. But it would be nice to track activity and see caller IDs when someone is calling me and the phone is in my pocket etc...

Do you (as watch enthusiasts) have any good experience with any of the brands out there?

Thanks!

2. simonsays

simonsays Dec 29, 2018

I recommend google glasses. Embrace the future.

Steve88M3 and PeterT like this.
  3. rhj

rhj Dec 29, 2018

Xiaomi Mi Band 3. Under 30 $ and does it's work.

patrick1616 and PeterT like this.
  4. morningtundra

morningtundra Dec 29, 2018

A watch in the left wrist and a Fitbit Flex 2 on the right. Discreet and does the job of activity tracker.

dialstatic and PeterT like this.
  5. Foo2rama

Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 29, 2018

Foogirl uses a Fitbit Charge 2 on a cheap amazon Milanese bracelet. If I wanted one it’s the way I’d go.

PeterT likes this.
  6. haqq777

haqq777 Dec 29, 2018

Have been wearing the Alta HR on my left wrist (wear watches on my right) for two weeks now. Discreet, not bothersome at all and comfortable to boot. Stays charged for full seven days and tracks everything. I would definitely recommend.

1229181854a.jpg
    PeterT likes this.
  7. PeterT

PeterT Dec 30, 2018

Thanks much for the lots of advices! I’m glad to see that there are alternative for many of you what you use and they work fine. Thanks!

8. REckroat

REckroat Dec 30, 2018

Have had a similar dilemma. I had the Microsoft band, both generations, and wore them on the right wrist. Having always worn a watch on the left, having something on the right at the same time never felt comfortable. While both of those eventually failed (separate conversation) I’ve been apathetic in replacing. I’ve recently learned of the Motiv Ring and have been contemplating that. Doesn’t have all the bells and whistles as some wrist based trackers, but it seems to still do quite a bit. Anyone here have any experience with them?

Thanks!

PeterT likes this.
  9. Just Livin

Just Livin Dec 30, 2018

I just enjoy wearing vintage watches too much to replace that with a Smart watch. However the standard Health App on the iPhone I enjoy using and is good enough for me.

PeterT likes this.
  10. ras47

ras47 Dec 30, 2018

I have a real simple Jawbone Up24 - no screen, but syncs to my iPhone. Simple, durable, and insanely great battery life. I also have a Fitbit Alta HR.

Jawbone is gone but their products are still available at resellers. Fitbit is going strong.

PeterT likes this.
  11. Eve

Eve Dec 30, 2018

Some of the resent devises that I have been using for tracking my activities:
    Garmin Forerunner 935 (returned)
    Amazefit Pace (sold)
    Suunto Spartan Sport (kept)
    At first i was wearing it day and night, checking pulse, sleep tracking, recording my sport activities and so on..
    After some time i got tired of constantly charging and synching the watches. Also after a few weeks, the resting pulse was not interesting, didnt want to upload my sleeping activity to the cloud, and during sport i also rather prefer to "listen to my body".
    The only reason i kept Suunto is for Navigation for my Biking activities. i can create and plan new Biking Routes at home. But i wear it only during Sport Activities.
    So i am generally a Suunto fan for more than 10 years :)
    Here are my keepers (my old Suunto X6 and SSS)
    33945641_2095312603816436_6010010280606564352_n.jpg

PeterT likes this.
  12. Togri v. 2.0

Togri v. 2.0 Dec 30, 2018

Why on Earth would you use an activity tracker?

13. redzer007

redzer007 Dec 30, 2018

I was going to go the route of mont blanc summit 2 - but don't think I can spend that much on tech that will be outdated in 24 months, I think Im going to try a Motiv ring - does a lot, if you can carry off an extra ring. have no experience of them yet, but reviews look promising.

not found any bands that I like since the MS band was killed off.

REckroat and PeterT like this.
  14. PeterT

PeterT Dec 31, 2018

Yes, iPhone Health app is a good alternative. I check that usually. It does not solve the notification problem without taking out the phone, but still works.

I have never heard of the ring solutions, they look cool. Based on your suggestions the Fitbit alta hr seems to be a good idea which is proven (great reviews everywhere on the net).

15. PeterT

PeterT Dec 31, 2018

Good question! :) It’s also a good tracker if my automatic doesn’t unwind and stop right? :)

16. dialstatic

dialstatic Dec 31, 2018

Seconded. That’s why I wear a Fitbit Flex 2 on my right wrist. It’s thin and doesn’t look or feel like a watch - more like a bracelet IMO. It’s a tiny little thing without a screen (syncs with a app on your phone) and you can put it into all kinds of third party straps such as the leather one here. If you use the rubber one it’s supplied with, you can even take it swimming.

It really helps me to complete my 10k steps each day, and logs the occasional run, bike ride or swim automatically to boot. Haven’t missed a day since I bought it last june!

E7FA73E3-8794-404C-92C6-488B1D3312D5.jpeg

F073F582-7B52-40F5-BE1F-15C687C18094.jpeg

REckroat, PeterT and Darlinboy like this.