Forums Latest Members
  1. chanbar Jul 5, 2017

always been a fan of mechanical watches and Swiss time pieces. I have been intrigued by the smart watches since the Apple Watch came out but have always been hesistant due to various reasons (will I like it, battery life, reliability, I like the mechanical movements, etc). This deal just showed up and I am taking my first try at a "smart" watch. Curious to know what types do other OF people wear and why. The one I got is a Sequent watch (http://www.sequentwatch.com/). Swiss made mechanical smart watch. Will never need a charge...ever

IMG_1686.PNG
  2. Canuck Jul 6, 2017

Probably not a good idea to load up on Swatch mechanicals. You'll discover why when the plastic components fail and you take it to get it repaired! That goes with any Swatch.

3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 6, 2017

I love it when people pretend 316 stainless steel is a big deal/ extra special with marketing hype like "which is mainly used in the high technology, and aerospace,..." It is used in a whole butt-load of applications -- many of which are not remotely "high-tech". Phrases like that instantly put me on alert.

4. chanbar Jul 6, 2017

I agree. I rolled my eyes at that phrase.

5. chanbar Jul 6, 2017

Just trying the "smart watch" for the first time. Figured this was a compromise between a smart and mechanical watch. Not sure how much of the internal gears will be plastic, but I opted for the stainless case instead of their black (plastic?) case.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 6, 2017

chanbar likes this.