Forums Latest Members

Small wrists and OEM deployant (deployment) clasps

1. jroam82 Mar 21, 2017

I've done a bit of searching and found some quite old threads - circa 2013 - but in the interest of more recent information (and of course pictures if possible :) ) ...

How do people with 6.5" and smaller wrists handle the OEM deployant clasp on a standard length OEM strap?

Does it sit way off to side underneath? Is it comfortable? Is my only real option trying to source a short strap from somewhere?

I have the option of purchasing a lightly used standard length strap and clasp, but I'm worried it's not going to work well.

My one (1) AD in the state won't order straps in and Omega (via the parts department) seem funny about selling me strap that doesn't go with my watch (Speedy) though I'm sure if I pushed it I might get somewhere.

Anyhow - over to those with more experience.

Cheers.

2. arcadelt Mar 21, 2017

I have two clasps and one OEM and another aftermarket strap, and I feel they sit nicely. My wrists are 6.5" too.

3. alohatime Mar 21, 2017

weird that your OB will not sell you straps, mine has no problem with taking my money. On my wrist (6.5" too), I have found the cordura straps to fit just a little loose but not too badly. It is extremely comfortable! I'd urge you to try them on and you might question why you were wearing bracelet or nato all those years.

Note that there is a shorter deployant but that does nothing for smaller wrist. Discussed in this old thread:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/help-with-straps.32974/

You could also order a custom strap from Jean Rousseau, they are the mfr of the cordura and leather straps to Omega.

4. jroam82 Mar 21, 2017

Yeah - the shorter clasp itself just makes the opening for your hand smaller (maybe for ladies models?)

Do you both just have the standard length OEM straps on your clasps? Something like 105mm/100mm?

What's the rough price difference between Omega vs Jean Rousseau?

5. arcadelt Mar 21, 2017

The OEM strap is 103/98mm when measured with a ruler. The aftermarket is 102/100mm. The clasps are from different eras, and the newer one is just a little longer.

jroam82 likes this.
  6. nedley Mar 22, 2017

I can't speak for the Omega but earlier this week I ordered a custom Jean Rousseau strap. The pricing really depends on the materials you want but for standard straps you can get an idea of pricing from their online store.

jroam82 likes this.
  7. jroam82 Mar 22, 2017

On the OEM, do you use the tightest hole?

8. jroam82 Mar 22, 2017

Thanks.

I saw that a standard alligator would cost 220 euros (about 2/3 of the cost to buy an OEM alligator direct from Omega - though that is the deployant style and I'm not sure of the 'custom' markup through Jean Rousseau).

9. arcadelt Mar 22, 2017

Yes, I do. Please note that this is an old strap and old deployant, so may not be representative of current or even recent models.

10. jroam82 Mar 22, 2017

What does the old deployant look like?

11. arcadelt Mar 22, 2017

Both the old and new have a similar look and shape, but with the older one, the two halves snap together and hold by interference or friction, rather than having release buttons like the more modern design.