Forums Latest Members

Small replacement bracelet for Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000

1. Johnthedog Aug 1, 2022

Greetings all and I'm pleased to join this Forum group.
    I would really welcome some advice as I'm trying to find a supplier of a replacement watch strap for the above watch.
    I bought it as a gift for my partner, however she has tiny wrists with a circumference of only 14.5 cm and even after having as many links removed as possible, its still massive. I will of course keep the original strap with the watch but we would like her to be able to wear the watch and enjoy its beauty.
    The lug width is 20mm but aesthetically, the strap were after has a larger width than the lug size as we feel it looks proportionally correct with the "top view" watch shape / contours.
    If the strap could taper down too, to the buckle, then that would be perfect . Photos attached and in anticipation, thank you to all contributors...... it is greatly appreciated.

IMG_8468.JPG IMG_8482.jpg IMG_8474.JPG IMG_9106.JPG IMG_8472.JPG
  2. wilderbeast Aug 1, 2022

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I’m guessing you’re still after a bracelet and I can’t offer any suitable guidance there, save that a Milanese style bracelet would be highly adjustable and you might find one that tapers as you prefer (I use watchgecko ones but they have no taper - I think vintage Omega ones did). Milanese are also super comfortable and thin, so a lot less bulky than your current option.

Have you considered a smart leather strap as an alternative? 20mm is such a standard lug width there are loads of aftermarket options out there, and even picking up a vintage Omega buckle to pair with it isn’t that hard (though an authentic one might cost far more than the strap…). You can get straps that will taper to 16mm and even less no problem.

I’ve always worn my Cosmic 2000 on leather but it’s a different shape case. It says hi anyway:

303DDAC0-2BF9-464C-A323-1ED5208E0FE2.jpeg

3. vienna Aug 1, 2022

Do you know the reference of your Cosmic? Maybe I got something you are looking for.

Kind regards Max

4. Dan S Aug 1, 2022

You could buy a tapered 22mm leather strap and notch it, if that's the look you're going for. Another possibility would be to have a jeweler remove some of the permanent links, although you would no longer have the perfectly gradual taper.

5. Johnthedog Aug 1, 2022

Many thanks for taking the time to reply …. I’ll consider that option thanks but I fear that the strap width may then be too wide to fit in the buckle / clasp

6. Johnthedog Aug 1, 2022

Hi Max , does this photo help ?

7506A04F-E9A8-473C-8C81-DE41E60E524D.jpeg
  7. Johnthedog Aug 1, 2022

Thanks for the comprehensive reply , it’s really appreciated. ( nice watch) I’ll look at the Milanese option as I think my good lady doesn’t want a leather strap

wilderbeast likes this.
  8. Dan S Aug 1, 2022

Got it, so you are looking for a bracelet, not a strap. You might want to edit the thread title.

9. Johnthedog Aug 1, 2022

E5B52A62-0773-46B9-ABF6-FA1EB3D24B80.jpeg
  10. Johnthedog Aug 1, 2022

Doh ! Thanks lol

11. vienna Aug 2, 2022

Thank you for the pic, this shows the reference of the bracelet(1162)I should have asked more precise. I meant the reference of the watch which you find on the inside of the back of the watch, probably starting with 166….

kind regards Max

12. Johnthedog Aug 2, 2022

Hi max, sorry , I’m new to all this . Unfortunately there are no reference numbers other than the one on the buckle :( I appreciate your time and sorry I can’t provide further .