Forums Latest Members

SM300 and 1171/633 Bracelet Fitment

1. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Oct 30, 2017

I have a question about the proper installation of my 1171 bracelet to a . Specifically the end pieces. They are very snug. I am not sure if the end pieces need to be filed down or if it may be the spring bars are causing the tightness. The spring bars seem to be of a good quality, and I am reluctant to put a thinner spring bar on the the lugz. The semi-circular part of the end pieces seem to very tight against the case. The sides of the ends are snug (maybe to snug?).
    Any thoughts or input?. I do not want to cause wear marks on the case from poor fitting end pieces.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 30, 2017

So based on this I'm guessing you haven't tried fitting the end links without the spring bars to properly identify the problem then? That would be the first thing I would do.

No one can see what is going on with your watch, in particular without any photos showing the fit, but it's not uncommon that 633 end links require a little filing to fit properly as I've mentioned previously.

Cheers, Al

3. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Oct 30, 2017

In the first pic the end piece fits, I think, as it should. Note the small gap at the pointed end of the semi-circle where it it meets the case. In the second pic, a larger gap in the same place. This is how the end piece fits when installed with the bracelet and spring bars. Third pic is the spring bar I am using.
    2017-10-30 001.JPG 2017-10-30 002.JPG 2017-10-30 003.JPG

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 30, 2017

These "hollow" end links can be bent together (crimped if you want to think of it that way) so the curved part doesn't stick up above the lugs. If that curved end won't fit between the lugs, then they need to be filed.

5. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Oct 30, 2017

Got it. That should give the spring bar a little breathing room. I think a little filing will be needed too. Thanks for your input.