Forums Latest Members

Sm300 alternative bracelet or strap?

1. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 2, 2015

[​IMG]
    Ok so the pcl debate is still raging in my head so after Dsio's post on having the mesh on this watch it's got me thinking what does this watch need. Does it need a bracelet like an Omega mesh or is it going to look better on a strap? After seeing Bond (Daniel Craig) rocking a nato I'm thinking meh, so is it going to be leather, rubber or steel? I like the mesh theme but would like to see this watch on one before I took the plunge and change the bracelet. One last question what was the name of the rubber straps seen on the vintage ploprofs that have been recently re introduced?

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 2, 2015

I personally don't like mesh. I think the Vintage look would look nice on leather. NATO is always ok...for a moment. Steel is a given. Rubber I don't know, i guess it would depend.

A leather Nato would also be great. Check out the Bulang and Sons website but any of these could work on a Vintage-like watch, specially the first one (non NATO) which comes in a number of different Vintage treatments.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 7.39.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 7.38.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 7.38.39 PM.png
  3. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 2, 2015

it's fine the way it is. Don't spend a bunch of money fixing what ain't broke. (Ask me how I know.)

Tom

OmegaRookie likes this.
  4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 2, 2015

I too would like to see it on mesh. Mesh is so very comfortable, but it does not work on most watches.

Distressed or vintage leather could work too. I bought a Lt brown, dk brown and black 20mm vintage leather straps and they work well on my SM300.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 2, 2015

did a google image search and found these...

upload_2015-4-2_19-16-32.png

upload_2015-4-2_19-22-49.png

flw, watchme and Event horizon like this.
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 2, 2015

I dont like either... Just me though

7. micampe Apr 2, 2015

I love the mesh on my "vintage" SM300, but I don't think it looks good in this one either. I think it would look good on the black B&S vintage style on the Carrera above.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  8. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 3, 2015

I do fancy a bit of leather but I find a lot of the cordovan straps look like a child has made them especially the ones with crude stitching. Maybe a double ridged black strap with white stitching like on some speedmasters would look nice.

9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 3, 2015

I dont think the white stitching will look nice against the orange Lume. You may as well just go classic with a black leather or croc bracelet

10. OmegaRookie Apr 3, 2015

I've always thought a rustic looking black or brown leather strap with the exposed thread about the same colour as the lume would look good. I also wondered if a tan coloured rustic looking strap that matches the lume might look good. I'd post pics but I'm just using my phone.......

11. yinzerniner Apr 3, 2015

I think the mesh actually works with this particular model, but to each their own. Maybe you can order a cheap one that's close to the Omega off of Amazon, or another outlet with a liberal return policy, and see how it looks in the flesh. I'm only suggesting this because I still have yet to see a Nato / Zulu combo that looks right, and the vintage / distressed leather combos also look a bit off as although the dial is vintage-y, the ceramic bezel is a bit too slick to combine with the utilitarian industrial look. Just my $.02

Event horizon and Nobel Prize like this.
  12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 3, 2015

Good point.

I still don't see the appeal of mesh. not sure why I don't like it, I just don't.

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 3, 2015

Mesh is a lot more manly than link bracelet, you don't have to be Australian to appreciate it but it does help :thumbsup:

But aside from making you feel like Russell Crowe its incredibly comfortable, far more than you'll expect. Nothing quite fits as nicely and as glove-like, even leather.

14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 3, 2015

Is it?

It's all those friendly dives with sharks...

I met the gent a few times through work so I'll pass...now give me Mad Max as a reference and I'll bite;)

That I believe. It does look comfortable. Maybe one day it'll grow on me. It sure is a classic.

15. trama Apr 3, 2015

I like most all of these, its cheap fun. Leather on a diver can look good, who would have thought? But once it gets wet, goodbye.

16. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 3, 2015

You can always buy waterproof leather, Di Modell does waterproof straps and I'm sure a few others do as well. Does anyone think they would look good on a vintage rubber, cmon guys I can't remember the name of them but they've been rereleased recently.

kelly1 likes this.
  17. yinzerniner Apr 3, 2015

I believe you're thinking of Isofrane watch straps, which everyone swears by. Now that you mentioned it, the new SM300 Coax would look GREAT on an Isofrane.

Event horizon likes this.
  18. kelly1 Apr 3, 2015

I put a di model waterproof shark skin on mine.
    I think a nice calfskin would work well on yours. .Kelly

19. OmegaRookie Apr 3, 2015

20. flw history nerd Apr 3, 2015

Strap rather than mesh IMHO ... but I really like the standard bracelet (either brushed or PCL) ... Of course you could also try a NATO and walk around feeling like Daniel Craig ...