Forums Latest Members

SM GMT Service Feedback From Nesbit's

1. RonboF117 Apr 8, 2016

I would like to inform everyone on the very good service I received from Nesbit's after sending in my 2009 SM GMT 50th Anniv. for its first service.

The watch had slowly started to act up over the last year where the reserve power would drop off more and more along with other indications showing I needed to have it serviced. Because it was my daily watch and I liked it so much I wore it longer than I should have. I finally decided to put it in the drawer to force myself from making it worse and to also save up the cash for the service (it's part of how we budget things in our home). I checked a number of posts to see the experience folks were having across the country at different shops. After two months of saving and researching, I sent out a couple emails to prospective shops. After getting my numerous questions answered by Jan Nesbit; I sent the watch off to her. Her initial estimate was 30 days so I was quite surprised when she indicated the watch would be finished early at approximately the 16-17 day timeframe. I asked her if they normally replace the mainspring during a service and she said not unless it showed signs of needing it. Given the relatively small cost of a new one, I asked her just to swap mine out. After all, given this was the first time the watch was being serviced and the first one had gone from 2009-2016, I looked at it as cheap insurance. As it turned out, they ended up replacing it at no extra charge. They were careful not to over-polish the case or bracelet which I've heard a number of owners complain about when sending it to other shops. At least with this year Seamaster, you can really change the look by buffing it to a high shine in the wrong places.

All in all, Jan was very patient, knowledgeable, and answered emails very quickly. Something else that sets them apart is that they offer the longest warranty of any shop I know at 30 months. Given their history, I shouldn't need to exercise that but 2.5 yrs from a shop that has been doing their caliber of work is a great warranty and piece of mind to have. Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation in any form from Nesbit's for this review and did not know them prior to my first inquiry email.

I will post some pics tomorrow to show some before and after shots along with the parts that were swapped out.

"The only thing new is the history you don't know".