Forums Latest Members
  1. nohackingsecs Jun 8, 2020

Morning!
    I'd like to start a thread dedicated to engravings on the "caseback" of PloProfs.
    Why? There seem to be quite a few around which have old numbers engraved. Some by Omega ("Prototype", movementNo, etc) and some by the companies. And maybe even some by the person who owned it at one point.
    I think we all remember the "drive carefully me" and the level of connection towards the owner it produced. I would be quite interested to see which owner can tell something about the meaning about his wacthes special message- maybe we can work out an identification guide together.
    So please feel free to share pictures, stories and opinions;-)
    Cheers, M

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 8, 2020

Perhaps you should start the sharing of photos.

JimJupiter likes this.
  3. gefmey Jun 8, 2020

It's not a very good picture, but it'll have to do for now. I've seen very similar numbers on other Ploprofs, all showing having been originally sold in Venezuela. This one has an extract from 1972. IMG_3449.jpg

nohackingsecs likes this.
  4. nohackingsecs Jun 10, 2020

Thank you for sharing, @gefmey .
    I am looking for a watch with very special engravings on the back - however as it is still in possession of the retailer, I don't think I can post pictures of it.
    Watches I do know contain the following engravings:
    -Address of the diver/owner on the crown side facing the pusher
    -COMEX/ Prototype engravings
    -high 5-digit numbers and low 6-digit numbers facing the crown engraved on the pusher side of the case
    - serial No. (3150x.xxx) facing the crown on pusher side -> this piece was actaully a protoype with cal. 1001