Forums Latest Members

Skyfall vs. Master Skyfall - Aesthetics Side by Side Photo Comparison

1. mdgrwl Sep 2, 2016

Due to a bunch of inquiries, I took the time to shoot the two next to each other and figured I'd post up a side by side comparison.

We know the differences and/or similarities between them from a mechanical and conceptual stand point... so this is just a study in aesthetic comparison.

Movement aside, the biggest differences are the date box window & polished center links vs. all brushed bracelet.

These are of the 41.5mm variation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 2, 2016
  2. redpcar Sep 2, 2016

That your glove?

3. brny11 Sep 2, 2016

Though the date accent is subtle, I personally feel it was a huge flaw removing it. Just throws of the symmetry and looks incomplete. Also, the brushed bracket is always my preference. Less scratching.

Aesthetics aside, the master is an amazing piece.

Great Pics! Both are brilliant. The only watch I like better is the Globemaster [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mdgrwl Sep 2, 2016

Not sure if this is a joke question? But yes, my glove / my hand... I personally took these photos.

Edited Sep 2, 2016
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 2, 2016

I also prefer the non master date window. It's a little more balanced.

As for the bracelet. My mind says brushed my heart says polished center links. The polished makes me want to buy a fitted blue suit and hit the clubs in Miami.

Longbow likes this.
  6. jud Sep 3, 2016

Thanks for the comparison photos. I agree with those above, the date window looks more appropriate to me. As for the bracelet, I don't mind either way.

7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Sep 3, 2016

I bought the skyfall right after the master was released. Simply hate the polished links (I have them on my SM300ti MC) and prefer the date window being out lined.

I can't even recall the last time i strapped on my skyfall, it simply gets no wrist time. But damn it's an awesome looking watch.

Last time worn, June 16th.

IMG_20160616_101007.jpg

watchme likes this.
  8. brny11 Sep 3, 2016

I feel you on the wrist time. However, I am on a business trip for a week - Took skyfalls little cousin with me. Enjoyed him every day. I'm sure he is happy to be off the winder.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taddyangle likes this.
  9. Flingit1200s Sep 3, 2016

I'd love to have the non master.........very cool watch.

10. jcs2000 Sep 3, 2016

{A} has a more balanced dial with date outline
    {B} has a better bracelet

11. mdgrwl Sep 4, 2016

I like both, for different reasons. I'm honestly split.

For the old Aqua Terra, it has the balanced face with the date box outline for sure... but I actually do like the newer face as well as it has a Spartan minimalistic look to it that represents a progressive feel to the Aqua Terra line.

As for the polished vs. brushed bracelet, I again am split and see both sides of the coin. If I were to wear this with smart casual or business casual (aka button down dress shirt / polo shirt, etc....) I would probably opt for the brushed bracelet. But if I were to wear this with a suit, I would opt for the polished center links.

I could honestly see owning both and picking up one over the other for whatever dress/occasion I'm going to.

12. keepitsimple Sep 4, 2016

Prefer the cleaner less cluttered Master dial without the fussy date surround. I'm prejudiced because that's the one I have.

Don't like either of the bracelets because of the butterfly type clasp. I find them awkward to close.

The polished centre links are also too blingy. You can (could ?) get an all brushed version, but only now on the quartz version I think. Omega's watch/band permutations are quite limited on the AT.

Shame that for the prices asked they cannot match something like the Rolex design on the current Explorer 1 which is very well designed, beautifully made, easy to use and very comfortable.

My AT came off the bracelet unworn. I got the store to remove it for me as it can be a bit tricky, and I didn't want to risk any scratches. It's stored away still in its protective films. Fitted it with a nice dark alligator strap with an Omega deployment clasp. (The best clasp design around IMO).

Much classier.

13. mdgrwl Sep 9, 2016

The Omega crowd isnt crazy about PCL, however they dont seem to bother the Rolex folk at all... so many popular models with PCL like the BLNR Batman, GMT Master, Daytona, Datejust, etc... etc... perhaps because Rolex models in general have just a touch more bling?

The good thing about PCL is its easy and inexpensive to have the entire bracelet brushed...

14. davessworks Sep 11, 2016

Skyfall versus Spectre . . .

15. cdsdss Sep 11, 2016

Two gorgeous watches, but I agree with those who prefer the Master. The less-fussy date window looks better.

16. sydneywatchguy Sep 11, 2016

Date window on the master sucks! Looks like a detail they would leave out in a replica

17. speedbird Sep 12, 2016

I like the mark 1. It is probably my all-time favorite Omega. I owned the white dial before the blue came out and it was fantastic. I sold it when I got the rolex 115300 OP39