Forums Latest Members

Sky-Dweller Incoming (Blue Stick)

1. HogWldFLTR Sep 14, 2017

I received this earlier this summer but for some reason never posted it here. Having to deal with fractured ribs and a collapsed lung didn't help. On the mend now following some surgery to correct the problem. At any rate, here are some photos. The first shot was taken at the AD as I decided whether to go with the blue I ordered or the black they hadn't sold yet. The middle watch is my DJII (I wish I'd wiped it clean before the shot).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bovecHD Sep 14, 2017

I tried on the white face one, I like the feel and size. Believe the blue is nicer, congrats.

HogWldFLTR likes this.
  3. Overgrower Sep 14, 2017

Congratulations! The blue dial is spectacular. The Skydweller annual calendar complication is really neat.

HogWldFLTR and Foo2rama like this.
  4. SeanO Sep 14, 2017

blue is always a good choice.

you get all of those colour changes in natural light.

HogWldFLTR likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 14, 2017

Such a stunner. When Rolex actually goes out of the box they hit home runs. Great looking watch, awesome execution on the calendar complication.

HogWldFLTR likes this.
  6. hendra324 dealer who would rather use aftermarket parts Sep 14, 2017

nice choice

HogWldFLTR likes this.
  7. mikesspeedy Sep 14, 2017

First Rolex that I actually like. The blue is absolutely the right colour on the dial, it seems to change colour in every photo you show. To me its the first time I have seen a Rolex that actually looks like it may be fun to own. Well done, wear it in good health Sir.

8. HogWldFLTR Sep 15, 2017

And one more shot to show how dark it can look.

[​IMG]

sky21, Hans the Wolf and McJamesT like this.
  9. chunkythebulldog Sep 15, 2017

Nice pickup. Tried the gold model on last year, certainly had some wrist presence. Haven't managed to see a St St model yet but from the pictures blue is the dial to go with.

HogWldFLTR likes this.
  10. mikesspeedy Sep 15, 2017

It is amazing just how many shades of blue this dial gives out. Very nice purchase. I for one think you have spent your money well, and I have NEVER said that about a Rolex before. always seen the brand as flashy but not in a good way. Always felt when seeing a Rolex he dose not understand watches and doesn't want too, he has gone for a brand he thinks every one will recognise as up market. I have never been envious of a Rolex wearer. mostly felt kind of sad for them. This one watch is the only Rolex I would wear.

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 16, 2017

I think you nailed it. Once your exposed to other watches, Rolex seems to make little sense. Basically unchanged designs at a higher price to other competitors. Rolex as a brand is restrained, this watch is doing something different not just from Rolex but from everyone else. The uniqueness of the display is refreshing, still classic and stunning but still holds the great parts of Rolex DNA, from the finishing and cyclops to the case and Rolex fluted bezel.

mikesspeedy likes this.
  12. HogWldFLTR Sep 16, 2017

I personally like robust watches so that rules out a lot of brands. Also have Omegas and a Breitling. All built like tanks but so many of the upscale watch brands don't work for my life style, FWIW. Rolexes are built like tanks. For an AC this is it for me. Now as far as upgrades are concerned which brands would you own, PP, ALS, AP, Blancpain, VC, not interested in any of them. Frankly they leave me very cold.

Edited Sep 16, 2017
    watchthisway likes this.
  13. McJamesT Sep 18, 2017

It's such a stunner. Enjoy.

HogWldFLTR likes this.
  14. treiz1337 Oct 4, 2017

God dam that is a nice watch.

HogWldFLTR likes this.
  15. peire06 Oct 4, 2017

Really nice piece. Great choice HogWIdFLRT. Enjoy it. Hope you will give it some wrist time. Always the issue!

HogWldFLTR likes this.
  16. Lexm Oct 5, 2017

Beautifull watch. Imho very good
    Price-complication ratio. Especially the functionshift with the bezel. As it is made by Rolex, it will work now and also in some years.

IMG_3642.JPG
    HogWldFLTR and CTS-V like this.
  17. yikkie2377 Oct 5, 2017

Stunning watch! I am not really a big fan of fluted bezels but the new Skydweller is pure class. Wear in good health bro.

HogWldFLTR likes this.
  18. HogWldFLTR Oct 8, 2017

Today's photo...

[​IMG]

Lexm and sky21 like this.
  19. Lexm Oct 8, 2017

Looks class under a shirt...

HogWldFLTR likes this.