Forums Latest Members

SOLD Sinn 903 St BE $1900 USD

1. Myron Jan 27, 2017

After a good soak, it's time to step out of the tub and towel off. This watch is sold. Thank you buyer and OF!

Parents and watch collectors have at least one phrase in common: Bath time!

I am selling my Sinn 903 St BE, the blue-dialed 903 that Sinn introduced in 2015. I gave $2300 for this watch just a couple months ago; it retails brand new right now for $3120. I am offering this watch today for $1900 firm. My price is firm and I'm not open to trade offers at this time, thanks.

Why am I willing to take such a bath on this watch? Because it has a minor mechanical issue and I have decided to sell it at a loss in exchange for being free of managing the service project. The issue is a minor and simple one -- when the chronograph is running the minutes register will sometimes fail to increment. It could be something as simple as lack of use (i.e. a lubrication issue) or a piece of lint/dust in the movement. I really don't know. Other than this, the watch has no movement-related issues that I am aware of. The chronograph resets perfectly and normal running and time-keeping are unaffected by this glitch. Also, the fault is intermittent. Sometimes it does it, and sometimes it doesn't.

The only other thing of note is the screw-down crown, which screws down about a half turn. This is exactly the same as my Sinn 103, so seems typical to me, but just so you know. In all other regards, the watch is in near-perfect condition with no scratches, damage, or issues of any kind.

You will note that this watch is still under warranty. In checking Watch Buys' web site, I see that warranty service would have to be obtained by Sinn in Germany and not RGM in Pennsylvania. I have no idea why Sinn does it this way; I'm just reporting what Watch Buys' site says. Of course you could still send it to RGM but they may not honor it as a warranty service.

The original strap has very little wear on it, and the watch comes as a complete kit with all the boxes, the warranty card, the owner's manual, etc.

There you have it. If you've admired this watch but can't quite get to $3120 for a new one, here's a great opportunity for you. $1900 shipped (USPS Priority Mail) and PayPaled to your US destination. International buyers please inquire with me and we can discuss shipping. I have lots of references on this site and others, and take great pride in my integrity. Lots of pics below so you can have confidence in what is being offered.

Thanks for reading my post.

Myron

Edit -- I always forget that OF has a sales corner rule of stating a return policy. Given that this watch's single issue is clearly stated and that I am looking to take a major loss on it to avoid having to deal with it, please consider all sales final. Thanks.

P1270005.JPG P1270006.JPG P1270007.JPG P1270008.JPG P1270009.JPG P1270010.JPG P1270011.JPG P1270012.JPG P1270013.JPG P1270014.JPG P1270015.JPG P1270016.JPG P1270017.JPG

Edited Jan 29, 2017
    Faz, NT931, timeismoney and 6 others like this.
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 27, 2017

"Bath Time"!

A classic phrase.

Good luck with the sale, its a great looking watch.

Myron likes this.
  3. alam Jan 27, 2017

oh baby ::love::! I hate when a nice piece like this Sinn shows up at a 1040-time :(

Myron and Foo2rama like this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 27, 2017

This is Helmuts attempt to make the ultimate Navitimer. Vintage look with waterproofing. I just wish my Lemania 903 had those aged hands.

Killer watch! Amazing color combo!

Just out of curiosity with the automatic movement do you know if it's thicker or thinner then a speedy pro?

Myron likes this.
  5. Myron Jan 27, 2017

@Foo2rama I don't actually know this. I've had a 145.022-69 and a 3594.50 and I'd say this watch was maybe slightly thicker. But it wears substantially the same.

It's an awesome watch, and an awesome Sinn, but I have four other pieces out at the watchmaker's right now. And three of those are chronographs ($$$), so I've just decided to cut my losses on this one and bail. I always wanted to try a Navitimer of some sort and now I've scratched that itch. Bonus points to anyone who notices how the slide rule is set in my pictures! :)

Thanks for all the nice replies guys!

Myron

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 27, 2017

I was curious as the blue faced St BE is on my future purchase list, and while technically smaller then a Speedy it wears larger in some ways and smaller in others. As the Lemania one is a slightly different case then yours I just wondered if you knew. I'm doing a write up on my 903 and the way it wears vs a speedy is a larger section then I would have thought. So similar but yet so different in proportions. You've put up an amazing deal for someone that wants to take the time to have Sinn fix it under warranty, I can whole heartedly say that these are great watches and in many ways better then the Breitling even if they where the same price. Once you look at the prices and size it is no contest which is the better watch, and I will be jealous of whoever gets yours, I just can't justify an outlay for a watch that I just basically purchased even if it is the prettier dial. FYI people the Blue dial is the way to go on these.

Also Watchbuys is basically Sinn, they are the sole American importer/distributor of the watch.

side 1.JPG

Myron likes this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 28, 2017

Hey Myron - this is just a 7753, so not sure why this would have to go back to Sinn. It likely just needs a slight tweak of the finger on the main chronograph runner that trips the minute counter. Typically a 5 minute job...here is a video of (coincidentally) another Sinn I had in a number of years ago for the same problem - the minute counter would not trip all the time. First video shows what it was like when it came in:

And here after adjusting that small finger - you just bend it at a specific spot:

Someone will get a bargain on this one as this is a really simple fix for any watchmaker who is familiar with the 7750 family...

Cheers, Al

Jwit, Foo2rama, Myron and 2 others like this.
  8. Myron Jan 28, 2017

Hi Al,

So great to hear from you! And thanks for those awesome videos. Yes, in fact, I had my own local watchmaker look at it and he advised me similarly. I didn't have him fix it because I didn't think I was going to keep the watch anyway, and I didn't want to void the warranty if I was going to sell it. Collector/accumulators will recognize this dilemma and what happened next -- decision fatigue set in and the watch just sat in my watch box for a month while I thought of what to do next. I have finally just decided to move it on and I am hoping my attractive price (and now your helpful video attestation) will help motivate someone!

Thanks again for your videos and advice. Super to hear from you and don't be a stranger. We'll be passing by your way this spring -- I'll drop you a line in case you're around. :)

Take care,

Myron

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 28, 2017

Let me know when you are coming by - if I'm around you are certainly welcome to drop by again.

Cheers, Al

Myron likes this.
  10. Myron Jan 29, 2017

SOLD! Thank you buyer and Omega Forums for this great resource.

Myron

rbob99, Archer, George.A and 4 others like this.