Forums Latest Members
  1. Myron Oct 21, 2016

I am listing three watches for sale today, a Sinn 156, a Hamilton HTC chronograph with Lemania 5100, and a vintage Hamilton military chronograph with Vx 7733 (now SOLD). I'm hoping to sell two and may keep whichever of the three doesn't sell. I am raising funds for another watch purchase, so no trade offers at this time, please. This post is for the Sinn 156.

For sale is my Sinn 156 with bracelet. The watch is in excellent condition and keeping good time. I bought the watch through a friend in Germany, who in turn has a watchmaker friend at Sinn. The watch came to me out of this latter gentleman's personal collection. It is the most perfect 156 I've ever seen, and was probably never worn.

As you probably know, the Sinn 156 utilizes the Lemania 5100 movement. All the chronograph features on mine work perfectly and there are zero mechanical issues with this watch. You will note the day wheel is in German. The case and bezel are in near-perfect condition. This Sinn comes with the later style Sinn bracelet, which is in almost NOS condition. I'd say it is NOS except I don't know this for a fact. But it sure looks like it's never been worn. I prefer not to separate the bracelet from the watch, so I won't consider offers for its separate sale. Thanks for your understanding.

The dial is the most desirable MILITARY variant, and the lume is outstanding. There is a spec of lint on the crystal over the date - please pardon it. The only odd characteristic of this piece is that the hands appear to have zero lume. I don't know why this is, but my hypothesis is that the dial is a later replacement. I asked the original owner, but the answer was lost to time since this piece has been in his personal collection so long. I can just imagine what my collection would look like if I were a Sinn watchmaker. ;-)

The watch's original inner and outer boxes are included, as are the Sinn strap-changing tool and two brand new shoulderless spring bars. I could probably scare up a near-new nylon NATO strap for it if you like. I've worn the watch on a Horween Natural shell cordovan strap, size 80/120, which I'll happily keep or include as you wish. This strap has served on lots of other watches, hence it appears in more worn condition than this Sinn it's on now. But it has tons of life left in it, and I must say it looks the part.

If you've been looking for a non-beater near-new Sinn 156, this is your watch. Given the exceptional condition of this watch and the bracelet it comes with, I am looking for $2500 USD or very next offer.

Lots of references on this site and others. Please PM me with your questions or offers or email direct to roverhaven {at} gmail. Thanks for looking!

Edit -- I just re-read the rules for posting here on OF and realized I forgot my return policy. Of course the buyer may examine the watch for three days and return it to me if it is not as described. I'm a reasonable person with a record of many flawless transactions. I ship quickly and securely and treat others the way I would want to be treated myself. Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Myron

PA210002.JPG PA210001.JPG PA210003.JPG PA210004.JPG PA210005.JPG PA210006.JPG PA210008.JPG PA210009.JPG PA210018.JPG

Thanks,

Myron

Edited Oct 22, 2016
    Lonestar, George.A and tomvox1 like this.
  2. Myron Oct 23, 2016

How about $2350 for this beautiful Sinn?

Myron

PS, The Hamilton Royal Navy chronograph is now sold. Thanks for all the interest!)

3. ulackfocus Oct 23, 2016

Myron, what size is it?

4. Myron Oct 23, 2016

Hi Dennis,

The case is 43 mm (w/o crown) by 46 mm bar-to-bar. From caseback to top of the crystal is 15 mm.

Thanks!

Myron

5. Myron Oct 25, 2016

This beautiful Sinn is now sold! Thanks OF for this great resource.

Myron

Darlinboy likes this.