Forums Latest Members

FS Sinn 140A Space Chrono Limited Edition w/ New Pics

1. Vig2000 Apr 30, 2014

Up for sale is my Sinn 140A Space Chronograph Limited Edition.

HISTORY & MOVEMENT:

Sinn released this piece as a special limited edition meant to honor the original 140 timepiece. The Sinn 140 was the first automatic chronograph is space. The German physicist and astronaut Reinhard Furrer wore the original 140 with the Lemania 5100 movement on his wrist during the D-1 Spacelab mission in 1985. He was therefore able to demonstrate that automatic watches can function even in a weightless environment.

The 140A is limited to only 500 pieces and is quite difficult to source. The watch features Sinn's exclusive SZ01 chronograph movement, which supersedes the now gone Lemania 5100 movement. Like the Lemania 5100, the SZ01 movement incorporates a centrally mounted chronograph hours hand, which is meant to improve readability as compared to a traditional tri-compass chronograph.

TECHNOLOGY:

Sinn is known for packing some of their greatest proprietary technology into many of their watches, and the 140A is no exception. First, the watch utilizes Sinn's exclusive steel hardening process known as TEGIMENT technology, which makes the watch highly scratch resistant. The watch uses mostly a polished finish with some brushed elements, making it very visually appealing. Second, the 140A also features Sinn's Ar-Dehumidifying Technology, which enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging Third, the 140A features an interior pilot's bezel and a nickel-free case back, which is ideal for those who are allergic to nickel. And finally, both the pushers and crown utilize Sinn's D3-System. The D3-System permits the crown and pushers to be integrated into the case, providing protection from lateral knocks and the penetration of dust or moisture.

BACKGROUND & CONDITION:

The watch was purchased in December 2013 from the U.S. authorized Sinn dealer, and I am the original owner. It's a complete set in near mint condition and includes all boxes and papers. Cosmetically, the watch has some surface marks only on the caseback, and the case itself is flawless and without any marks or scratches. There are no mechanical issues with the watch and all functions work perfectly as they should, including the chronograph which neatly resets to zero. I'm only selling because I'm after my next watch.

REVIEW:

Check out this great review by Page & Cooper:

SPECIFICATIONS:

Mechanical Movement
    • SINN Movement SZ01
    • Self-winding mechanism
    • 28 bearing jewels
    • 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
    • Seconds stop function
    • Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
    • Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309

Case
    • Case made of stainless steel, polished /satinized
    • Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
    • Case back screw-fastened, nickel-free
    • Water-resistant as per DIN 8310
    • Pressure-resistant up to 10 bar (= 100 m water depth)
    • Low pressure resistant

Functions
    • Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
    • Date date
    • Chronograph with centred 60-minute stopwatch hand
    • Interior pilot’s bezel with luminous key mark

SINN Technologies
    • TEGIMENT Technology, therefore especially scratch-resistant
    • Ar-Dehumidifying Technology enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging
    • Push-pieces with D3-System
    • Crown with D3-System

Dimensions and Weight
    • Case diameter: 44 mm
    • Band lug width: 22 mm
    • Case thickness: 15 mm
    • Weight without strap: 118 gramme

Dial and Hands
    • Matte black dial with silver electroplated counters
    • Indices coated with luminescent colour
    • Hour- and minute hand coated with luminescent colour
    • Chronograph function indicators coated with daylight luminous paint

Warranty
    • 3 years

Priced at $4250 OBRO with CONUS shipping included. I much prefer payment via bank wire, but I will also accept PayPal from the right CONUS buyer (buyer pays PayPal fees). I also welcome a face to face meeting in the Northern New Jersey/New York City area. I have plenty of references available upon request. I prefer to ship CONUS, but I am willing to ship internationally solely at my discretion. International buyers are responsible for all shipping charges, taxes, and duties, and I am not responsible for any loss, theft, damage, or customs issues/problems. The only method of payment I will accept from international buyers is a bank wire in USD.

Please email me at axiom106 {at} {gmail} {dot} {com} or drop me a PM. I will respond promptly to all questions and inquiries.

The following pictures are my own that I took specifically for this posting, and they represent the true condition of the watch. Please pardon any fingerprints, dust, or smudges in some of the pictures:

14067932995_1c2bc0fd91_b.jpg 14087982063_195bdc45d6_b.jpg 14064730651_724a6c63fc_b.jpg 14064771732_1390a3b828_b.jpg
    Northernman and tomvox1 like this.
  2. Vig2000 May 2, 2014

Bumping this up, guys!

3. Vig2000 May 16, 2014

Bump

4. meganfox17 Oct 2, 2016

Hi @Vig2000

Sir , i know its more than 2 yrs but do you still have any new or pre owned Sinn 140 A Space Chrono LE or know anyone who has one ?