Forums Latest Members
  1. pbs Aug 14, 2016

image.jpeg I have owned this Tri-Compax since it was new. I had it completely overhauled a couple of years ago by a gentleman who was recommended to me by members of this forum. He told me "I can polish your watch for you. People like the results." How big a mistake did I make by allowing him to polish it? I'm wondering how much its value was affected. By the way - I do have the original bracelet but need to find replacements for the missing end links.

bazamu, x3no, Dogmann and 1 other person like this.
  2. pbs Aug 14, 2016

Here is the original bracelet. Anybody know where I can find the missing end links? image.jpeg

3. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Aug 14, 2016

Well...wow...

All depends on how well it polished. Looks pretty darn good, and no matter what, it is still worth a pretty penny.

End links, not sure how you would even go about getting those...probably near unobtainanium.

Beautiful piece.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 14, 2016

It's polished to a high shine, and it would have been better if it weren't. The original finish is gone for good. The good news is that people are so crazy for this model now that it will probably make little difference in the sale price. Your inbox should start filling up.

5. keywerd Aug 15, 2016

Gorgeous watch!

6. Dgercp Aug 15, 2016

I would not throw it out of bed. Beautiful watch and I hope you mail me a request for offer :)

7. Diabolik Aug 15, 2016

Polished case is a big "no no" but it is a rare an beautiful UG so it will always do well. if numbers are still visible (normally kissed on) count your lucky stars.

It is a beauty ... !