Forums Latest Members

since I am here now , Thanks LouS. !!

1. _Dracha_ Mar 21, 2014

for being partially, 50%, responsible me getting this one , the other 50% someone on FB showing off a Bund that jogged my memory

[​IMG]

Gavin and marturx like this.
  2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 21, 2014

Well, welcome for sure. It'll be nice to have an "in-house" Breitling guru for those of us chronograph-obsessed.

Now, I'm dying to hear what I had to do with you getting the 817 (a reference that incidentally I myself desire badly). Enlighten me!

3. _Dracha_ Mar 21, 2014

Thank you for the welcome but I am hardly a breitling expert, I just picked up a few pieces of knowledge here and there in the last 15 years or so while collecting ;-)

re the ref 817 , this post made my validation a lot easier , complete with military references and detailed info

http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=44228

4. marturx Mar 21, 2014

Wow! That is a really cool Breitling! Since you found that, maybe you can pull out more rabbits from your hat, and find me a 817 turnable bezel too, to my Viggen Lemania for sale on his forum. :) If you did, I would immediately retract the listing!

5. woodwkr2 Mar 21, 2014

Hardly. ;)

Welcome!

6. _Dracha_ Mar 21, 2014

Honestly , I dont have one, but if I did I seriously doubt I would part with it. I am kinda an obsessive hoarder when it comes to spares and I learned the hard way that you're gonna need the parts you parted with. Ive been looking for a particular bezel for years now, having sold one just prior to me buying a watch without bezel . What was I thinking ?! , well my actual thought at the time was 'if i ever need another one , i'll just get it off Ebay again' ..... Yeah right

but thank you , it truly is a very nice CP-1 , one of a handful of known pieces

7. _Dracha_ Mar 21, 2014

Thank you ;-)

yes, 'hardly' .. I don't like calling myself an expert when there's so much still to learn, but what I know i'll gladly share

here are some little snippets of info I wrote about some of the more known , or maybe unknown ?, Breitling pieces

https://sites.google.com/a/kesting.nl/765-avi-investigation/

https://sites.google.com/a/kesting.nl/how-to-date-the-early-breitling-navitimers/

I have a few more articles written but dont want to bore the Omega crowd with boring old breitling stuff ;-)

8. woodwkr2 Mar 21, 2014

We don't have a Breitling sub group as you guys handle things quite well over on Breitling Source. But around here, you'll find a lot of vintage chrono collectors that would love to dip their toes into the Breitling waters.

9. _Dracha_ Mar 21, 2014

Can you measure the case exactly ? , the diameter of the case where the bezel fits ? I think I have seen that case before and may know an alternative bezel , depending on the diameter .

10. _Dracha_ Mar 21, 2014

i will certainly assist whenever and wherever I can ;-)

11. marturx Mar 22, 2014

The case I have is identical to the case you have to your Breitling :) Your Breitling is named after the case.

12. _Dracha_ Mar 23, 2014

[​IMG]The closest i
    see is
    the ref 2031 breitling , you might be able to find a bezel easier for that than the lemania ?

if you find a bezel you will need to refinish it as the 2031 has a double graduated bezel , not the mil. Type