Forums Latest Members
  1. watchlovr Apr 3, 2017

2. Pahawi Apr 3, 2017

Doubt he'll have the same access to parts as STS....?

3. LawBrk Apr 3, 2017

The new site also seems to move towards GB based/travel to clients? Doesn't mention Overseas type clientele.

4. tyrantlizardrex Apr 3, 2017

Had a chat with him this afternoon - think this a really exciting new stage for Simon on a personal level, and I think, given his enthusiasm for the vintage market, and attention to detail, it will be a very exciting thing for all of us.

STS, if you've ever visited, is a pretty big operation, dealing with 15,000 plus watches a year... a small minority of those come from people like us.

George.A, Omega1, Lonestar and 7 others like this.
  5. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Apr 3, 2017

My 2998 just arrived at STS. Probably not the best timing :(

6. LawBrk Apr 3, 2017

My Ed has only been there for a week as well :oops:

7. JohnSteed Apr 3, 2017

8. JohnSteed Apr 3, 2017

Man!!

9. tyrantlizardrex Apr 3, 2017

I don't see anything to worry about here.

There are a team of watchmakers working at STS who are still working at STS... your watch going there was never a guarantee that Simon was working on.

10. LawBrk Apr 3, 2017

Of course, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't a comfortable idea knowing his personal stewardship was in place.

11. tyrantlizardrex Apr 3, 2017

I get what you're saying, for sure.

And let me say that I am 100% behind Simon and his new venture, I will be sending work to him, because I consider him a friend, and I like working with him.

Equally, I have 3 watches at STS at the moment, and I am 100% sure that they will be worked on correctly, and go through the same stringent QA that they would have gone through under Simon's stewardship... with, or without Simon there, it is still a watchmakers that has met Omega's standards for working on Omega watches... and they do good work.

I guess what I'm trying to say, somewhat clumsily, is that with Simon, or without Simon, STS is still a good place to send your watch - equally, you now have the chance to send him your watch directly... which is a fantastic thing.

Ultimately, don't panic gang, everything is fine.

George.A, gostang9, onthedial and 7 others like this.
  12. M'Bob Apr 3, 2017

US politics?

propervinyl and Taddyangle like this.
  13. watchlovr Apr 3, 2017

Agreed, I just wonder if has or will get an Omega parts account?

14. tyrantlizardrex Apr 3, 2017

I believe that's in the works (if not already sorted), and the business/workshop has been built towards the standards required by Omega.

15. TheHoof Apr 3, 2017

Is this what @Spacefruit was alluding to in cryptic terms at the t4ap meet up when we were discussing getting vintage pieces serviced?

16. LiquidSolid Apr 3, 2017

I wish Simon all the best in his new endeavour.

One of my reasons for sending my watches to STS was because of the service provided by Simon, but also because it was an Approved Service Centre for Omega, which, rightly or wrongly, provided the Omega approved service warranty/papers that, as a buyer/seller is important.

I don't think I'll have an issue getting my watches serviced in the future by Simon, as I believe he is well known on this forum and others, but more importantly, that he has a passion for what he does, and does an excellent job (i've had nearly all my Omega's serviced by him in the past).

17. Davidt Apr 3, 2017

There were three big pluses at STS for me. One, Simon, two, access to 321 parts and three, quick turnaround time.

Realistically, I can only see each of the separate businesses having two of these three.

Nevertheless, good luck to Simon in his new venture. I've had nothing but great experiences when I've sent watches to his workshops and hopefully I'll continue to be able to send watches to his new premises.

18. immustard A condiment that loves to chive to thyme songs Apr 3, 2017

Maybe an early target for your blog/podcast ?

Edited Apr 3, 2017
    PaulC77 and TheHoof like this.
  19. SouthernScot Apr 3, 2017

I collected my Ed White from STS two weeks ago and a watch of my wife's is still there having a new gold bracelet made, I have no worries, and I am sure they will produce an excellent result as they did with my Speedy. Having said that, I really enjoyed the time Simon spent with us when we dropped the watches off. He really went out of his way explain what should and should not be done with the Speedy, even opening it up and explaining the different parts and workings of the movement which I found fascinating.
    In future, as good as STS are my watches will be going to Simon, I wish him all the best in his new venture.

20. TheHoof Apr 3, 2017

Great idea!