Forums Latest Members

Silver snoopy value appreciation

1. nokaoi1 Aug 11, 2019

Do you guys feel the silver snoopy has appreciated to its extent or is there room to go up further? Obviously no one has a crystal ball here just looking for opinions from people that follow this particular model...

2. janw23 Aug 11, 2019

Can't see the edge of the bubble when you live inside it. Can go up, down or sideways.

Also depends on how often Omega issue more white dial Speedmasters, they're still quite rare.

3. rominvicta Aug 12, 2019

IMHO it has been overblown since threshold of 10 k was passed. Don’t see any logic in someone paying 20 k for it. At that pricing level there are so many alternatives!

4. Hoddspur Aug 12, 2019

I can only see it increasing and wouldn’t be surprised to see it hit £30k in the years to come. You can’t beat a rare speedmaster. :thumbsup:

Wish I had one though...:unsure:

5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 12, 2019

The million $$$$$ Q!

I get asked this all the time. I also remember people saying I was nuts asking £10k for one a few years back to which I simply replied 'Whats seems expensive now will be cheap in the future' and I wasn't wrong.

With the snoopy amongst others you have to look past the 'its another limited edition' and actually look at the watch.

The dial, case back etc are all special in terms of both looks and manufacturing. The case back being hand made and a few 'sprinkles' of moon dust :D make each and every piece unique. Its the same for the Meteorite dial 35th of Apollo-Soyuz, each dial is different.

Sure as they churn out more and more LE's, the stuff thats unique will simply always be unique - Thus values are steady at £20k and they are selling at £20k I can tell you that.

Let's take another speedy that has risen sharply - The Mitsukoshi. Only 300 Made for the Japanese department store in 2003. Sure you can mod a standard speedy with a dial and hand set, but when you actually haver a proper one, just looking at it makes it special as you know it's one of the original 300 made. Thats special!

WatchShopping and demchocholips like this.
  6. janw23 Aug 12, 2019

I doubt that. There's been one on Chrono24 for £15k BNIB for a while. If they really are in such high demand, this would have been snapped up and flipped.

7. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 12, 2019

So the last ones I've sold and been paid for then are in my imagination?

There is a reason it's not gone don't you think? Unworn my ass!

Edited Aug 12, 2019
    WatchShopping likes this.
  8. rominvicta Aug 12, 2019

I don’t question anything DLT says! Since I joined the forum he said some things and he was sooner than later right! I hope Snoopy won’t appreciate more. Not because I intend buying one but because it will put price limit sky high, and more and more flippers would appear.

9. taz101 Aug 12, 2019

I think the fact there was a significant delay due to the 'hand sprinkled moon dust' just added to the hype on this one and that each one is unique

DLT222 likes this.
  10. EricCsN Aug 12, 2019

Ree and janw23 like this.